New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fawn Bleat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone ever use the fawn bleat call?Will it only call doe deer?What about coyotes?Gotta knight & hale call today,gonna give her a try.

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It'll defianately call in bruins for what that is worth.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MD, is correct. It can bring in a bruin in predator mode! I was dumb enough to try this by myself once.

Gary

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I use a Deer Stopper by E.L.K. inc. Its a fawn distress call.

This thing does it all for muleys at anytime of the year. Early season it stops the bucks in their tracks long enough for a shot. The does actually get agressive when you blow on this.

During the rut, I've called bucks out with this countless of times. They sometimes walk right up to my truck. I've had the same buck run off, I squeal, they come back 5 or 6 times for a look.

Alot of times when I see does and I can't spot a buck, I'll let loose with this thing and a buck will come out of the bush 100 yards or so away.

I use it less during the pre rut because thats when I enjoy the rattling. You can almost walk right up to that old muley once you tickle those horns.

I've not tried it for predators but imagine it would work pretty good.

-------------------------------
Too many people........

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do a fair bit of bear calling, this is one sound that does work from time to time. I've called in a bit over 60 of them now.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
It makes a great varmint call as well as a turkey locator in the morning. Cougars respond well to it which can be un-nerving.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried the E.L.K. and other brands you guys like.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've called in coyote with it and bobcat, but have also had a run in with a pissed off bunch of does.

Nice doesn't mean weak.

Posts: 74 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote