New
Find
Notify
Tools

Make sure he's dead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anything like this happen to anybody here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLhBO8iL4M

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. My dumb ass alarm usually goes off and prevents me from doing stupid stuff. His must have a bad solenoid.

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really do understand about being excited but all this jumping around and not keeping an eye on the "dead" animals is a mistake I see too often. Approaching from the rear of the animal cautiously is just such a good idea.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12932 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
And we wonder why the public has developed a bad attitude toward hunters?

Maybe instead of concerning ourselves with some things, videoing hunts/shots should take the lead.

My opinion, the hunter is lucky that the buck was hurt bad enough that it could not get up on all 4 legs. Things could have gotten really serious/really fast had that buck had all 4 legs under him.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Solid proof again that God must love dumb asses because he makes so many, that I think it may be his preferred design.

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
He probably should not hunt in Africa, eh?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I watched one of my old neighbours walk up to a 'dead' bear years ago. Step over the bear to straddle its back, grab an ear in both hands and lift the head. The bear moaned, shook its head, and lunged forward.

Probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life was watching him try and get some distance between him and the bruin. The whole community was amused by the event because he was a guy who was always so busy impressing the world with what a smart guy he was.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1827 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just to stir the pot a little, but PHC said it is the Dead One's that will kill you!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all of that celebrating, I wonder if he was auditioning for a hunting show?

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Guns are always loaded - and apparently so are deer.....

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjfoster:
With all of that celebrating, I wonder if he was auditioning for a hunting show?

He was and it now is.

I'm feeling a little more caustic toward these kinds of antics. The Hero in the feature obviously isn't as interested in the buck, the scenery, his partner or anything else as he is about the "Folks at Home,". "Gotta get all the angles and shots right for the video so I can show and be seen.

Its disgusting.

I would have found it a little boringly pleasant for the hunter to have been focused on the hunt and made the shot. It would have been nice to see him walk up on the buck, been a little troubled that his first shot wasn't instantly lethal and quickly dispatched the wounded and suffering deer. The credits could roll as the two sportsmen admire the beauty of the animal and their surroundings while preparing to preserve their bag.

Nope,......f--- it. Lets break dance and try to make sure every single video frame is filled with my perception of how great I am.

Posts: 9242 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The credits could roll as the two sportsmen admire the beauty of the animal and their surroundings

The above statement is what is grossly missing in most of todays hunting shows!!

I am 37 and have been deer hunting for close to 30 of those years. This season I took the biggest whitetail of my life and NOT ONCE did I jump up and down, hoot, holler, scream or act like a fool afterwards.

I have respect for the animal and would be ashamed to act like they do on most shows.

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
what a douche nozzle....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13267 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
what a douche nozzle....

+1000 on that!!! The guy goes straight in towards it's head after doing his stupid "break dance" and then when it moves towards him he goes right back in the same way a second time! Too bad it didn't nut him and take his chance of procreation away and adding more to the DA gene pool, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
homer thumbdown

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the dance is for the camera. God Bless Youtube...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Nice deer, too nice for some one like that who does not respect it! I always reload my muzzleloader before approaching a downed animal. Don't think I would take a friends..... and I absolutely would approach from behind and give it a couple pokes with the barrel to be positive it is dead before getting close enough to get hurt.
Hope I don't see him on tv anytime soon!

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Just to stir the pot a little, but PHC said it is the Dead One's that will kill you!

He was just quoting Mr. Heath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36884 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A close friend in Germany recounted an incident years ago where a colleague approached a boar after leaving his rifle propped against the ladder of his kanzel. He was found dead hours later...the boar ripped open both legs, severing arteries and tendons. Unable to walk, the hunter bled out. The hog was found hours later and killed.

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Common sense is becoming an increasingly rare commodity. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:

Grizz

Well we used to hunt because we enjoyed hunting. Being afield was a personal or private affair and we found satisfaction,( or tried to,) in being there, experiencing that.

Today when we eat a meal, its with one eye on the smart phone. When we work we focus 75% of our energies on what we're being paid to do and the other 25% on facebook. When we hunt, its for youtube.

This sportsman was focused solely on the youtube video, he was already envisioning all the "hits," or "likes," or whatever reaction posted videos get. "Viral"?

I'm disgusted with him and disappointed that our society has removed their attention so completely from the Here and Now, and finds themselves so enchanted with the digital.

With that, I do believe I'll remove myself from this digital for the remainder of my lovely day.

Posts: 9242 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:

Grizz

Well we used to hunt because we enjoyed hunting. Being afield was a personal or private affair and we found satisfaction,( or tried to,) in being there, experiencing that.

Today when we eat a meal, its with one eye on the smart phone. When we work we focus 75% of our energies on what we're being paid to do and the other 25% on facebook. When we hunt, its for youtube.

This sportsman was focused solely on the youtube video, he was already envisioning all the "hits," or "likes," or whatever reaction posted videos get. "Viral"?

I'm disgusted with him and disappointed that our society has removed their attention so completely from the Here and Now, and finds themselves so enchanted with the digital.

With that, I do believe I'll remove myself from this digital for the remainder of my lovely day.

Grizz and Scott both,

Sad but true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36884 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy was lucky it was a deer instead of a bear Smiler

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Videos like this are why I watch so little on the Sportsman's Channel. Nothing worse than a video with some some fat Southerner hooting and hollering and invoking God's blessing for his kill. Did this guy thank God when the buck nailed him? If the buck had really gored him and sent him to the hospital or worse, would THAT have been God's will, too?

Moron, your bus is leaving...

Dave

Posts: 923 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
^What A7D said.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc gunman:
No. My dumb ass alarm usually goes off and prevents me from doing stupid stuff. His must have a bad solenoid.

His solenoid is probably fine. My guess is, he hit the snooze button, as is so often the case in today's world.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1291 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Ganyana, who I have not seen lately around these parts for some reason, used to have a story about a PH or client (I forget which) shooting an elephant and climbing onto its head for pictures. Allegedly the camera snapped at the ideal moment to catch the elephant standing up with the guy still atop the creature!

one of us
posted Hide Post
In the book of the history of my county there's a hunting story. A fellow who spent most of his time bragging went on a bear hunt with pistols !
He got a bear and sat on the 'dead' bear bragging to all about his skill. Then the bear woke up and ran, the 'hunter' ran in the other direction ! All the witnesses had lots of laughs ! jumping

One of Us
Picture of BCSteve
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
By the sound of the audio, I doubt the guy behind the camera will be hunting with Rick again.

Whenever I'm watching a hunting show, even some of the good ones discussed on this site, if the first few minutes look like the client obviously wants to talk to the camera a lot, I just hit "delete" without going any further. There's enough egomaniacs in everyday life without wasting my time watching one on TV.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Ya can't fix stupid. holycow

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCSteve:
What about this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwF02n-015s

That Was Intense.

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I remember being with a guide in the late 60s after we together finished a grizzly in Montana for a client. I was about to start skinning him and he told me to sit down and have a smoke first. He smoked his cigarette and every so often threw a rock at the bear. I asked him what he was doing (I was an eastern boy) and he told me he had started skinning one and it woke up. Ever since then ...

I think grizzly hunting ended in Montana in 72 or 73

Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4738 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Some people do not have any respect for wildlife or the sport. He is a DB of the highest caliber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a freaking moron.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
What a freaking moron.

Yep!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Our gene pool is getting shallower and shallower...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be especially careful with a downed Axis buck. I have helped in netting and relocating them and they are extremely powerful, aggressive, and can run those long, sharp antlers through another animal or a person. When capturing them live, the first thing you do once the heavy net falls on them is to have one man hold the antlers while another cuts them off with a roll-up, flexible saw. It can take five men to pick one up and move him into the truck or trailer.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote