Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple use managers California?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone ever hunt with them? How are their ranches?

Thinking about doing a deer-bear combo for October.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I guided for them for a bit in the '90's on Santa Rosa Island. I don't know anything about their current leases, but in general Wayne & Gordy are good guys and know their stuff.

Hopefully someone will chime in who has hunted with them on some of their current properties.

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm booked to hunt with them in 16' for Roosevelt elk and black tails. Seems like a great outfit with a great name out there
WSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine hunted mule deer with MUM on Santa Rosa Island about 5 years ago. It was about the time they were ending their hunting program on the island. He shot a monster. I think it scored around 212.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them in the 90's on Santa Rosa Island. It was a great operation at that time.

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How are their ranches?

Expensive. Have you checked their prices? Ouch!

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote