Find
Notify
Tools

Liberty - Not So Simple
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen:

We in America have the privilege of living within a lifetime of liberty and the honor of knowing the price historically paid for it's existence.

Osama bin Ladin had a different, authoritarian, coercive view that he championed. He had thousands of Americans, among others, killed, and now he's in hell.

How else can you recognize the exceptional existence that we Americans' sometimes miss in the daily stream of life, than to see its opposite obliterated in a hail of gunfire.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yale:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

We in America have the privilege of living within a lifetime of liberty and the honor of knowing the price historically paid for it's existence.

Osama bin Ladin had a different, authoritarian, coercive view that he championed. He had thousands of Americans, among others, killed, and now he's in hell.

How else can you recognize the exceptional existence that we Americans' sometimes miss in the daily stream of life, than to see its opposite obliterated in a hail of gunfire.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

THe problem as I see it is we've become so used to "liberty" that like a frog in a cool pot of water, the powers that be are slowly turning uo the heat and we don't even notice.
I just got a notice today that some of the Republicans who are supposed to be on "our side" want to extend the Patriot Act for a longer period of time. (Check out www.nationalgunrights.org
To add insult to injury look at what John Mc Cain wants to get passed. Click here: McCain Proposes Indefinite Detention Without Trial for Citizens
And that S.O.B. wanted to be President. Guess he's no better than Obama and we know how bad he is. We need a lot of tall trees and pleanty of short rope.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul B:
quote:
Originally posted by Yale:
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

THe problem as I see it is we've become so used to "liberty" that like a frog in a cool pot of water, the powers that be are slowly turning uo the heat and we don't even notice.
I just got a notice today that some of the Republicans who are supposed to be on "our side" want to extend the Patriot Act for a longer period of time. (Check out www.nationalgunrights.org
To add insult to injury look at what John Mc Cain wants to get passed. Click here: McCain Proposes Indefinite Detention Without Trial for Citizens (You'll have to cut & Pste to get it.)
And that S.O.B. wanted to be President. Guess he's no better than Obama and we know how bad he is. We need a lot of tall trees and pleanty of short rope.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Paul B:

Thank you for your response. I agree with you on many levels.

A few years ago, I had a drawn out argument via e-mail with Judge Richard Posner of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals (Federal appeals court in Chicago), concerning the Patriot Act. I did not, nor presently, do not believe that the Patriot Act cuts it, constitutionally. He and the federal bench have disagreed.

Not having practiced law for some years now, if I ever returned to practicing law, it would only be to enforce civil rights violations against American citizens.

You are correct that we, as voters have to stay vigilant.

I am a federalist, and the smaller the federal government, the better.

Nevertheless, we have the structure in place here in the USA to thwart the authoritarian nature of the bureaucracy and our elected "servants". It works; you saw the results last November, and you'll see them again in 2012.

Vote! It matters.

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're in the wrong forum. This is obviously ARPF material. I'm not disagreeing with your sentiments, just the placement.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
............speaking of "wrong forum", Fat Cat ....I miss your BBQ soliloquies.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote