THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska - September 10-19, 2015

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kenai Peninsula, Alaska - September 10-19, 2015
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
My girlfriend and I took a "spur of the moment" trip to Alaska last month. Not a hunting trip....but I was able to get some great wildlife/scenery photos that I thought you guys might enjoy. We also did some salmon fishing.

We spent the majority of the time on the Kenai Peninsula, but also took a float plane into Lake Clark National Park and toured Crescent Lake for bear viewing. It was truly the most beautiful place I've ever been in my entire life, and we both cannot wait to go back!

If any of you need charter plane, I highly recommend Alaska West Air out of Nikiski, AK.

I hope you guys enjoy the photos....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Wow, what scenery! Great pics.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Great pictures Wade, thanks for showing those off.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the great photos!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I am impressed! Those are the photos I wish I had the talent to capture.

beer

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Wade thanks

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pics. YOu need to make that long thought about trip to Namibia and take some shots there - with your gun and camera!!

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Wade..Nice photos..Thanks

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! I particularly liked the bear photos.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Very stunning pictures!!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great photos!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are amazing pictures. Do you mind sharing what your camera set up is?

Posts: 102 | Registered: 02 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adventure907:
Those are amazing pictures. Do you mind sharing what your camera set up is?

Not at all...

I'm using a Nikon D5300 with a Nikkor 55-300mm lens and a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens. Nothing fancy, but it takes great photos.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like the picture of the bear that's right after the air shot of the winding river flowing into the inlet. A bit of an intent look. Great photos.
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
great pics Cool

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos.Looks like a good trip.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
Great photos of a great trip. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 385 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade, great photos!! You should copy a link in the photography forum here.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you really captured the essence of Alaska.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Great photos! My fav is the jumping salmon.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Quite excellent photos, Wade. I'm with Ann; salmon heading upstream is quality stuff.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you shoot raw? Modify white balance and use color profiles in post?

Great color.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot in RAW...just in the highest quality jpeg. I do adjust the white balance and shadows...and sometimes slightly tweak saturation if needed. I use Adobe Lightroom for processing.