New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We had a fun and successful bear hunt in New Mexico with 2 hunters in camp and 2 kills! We killed both of these bears on day 2 of the hunt and only about 10 minutes apart! We do lots of glassing and calling on these hunts. The first bear we glassed up right at first light in the bottom of the canyon and the hunter made quick work of him. The other hunter and guide were sitting about a mile away and not long after the first bear was killed the second bear came walking by and we were able to get on the call and called him in to 75 yards!

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Nice Jeremy! I really like that chocolate.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Nice color phase bears

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1219 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Both of those are great bears. I have to do that one of these days.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Absolutely great bears! We hunted with dogs in New Mexico with Lil Joe Troyer. Had a great time, my youngest got a really nice bear too...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote