Find
Notify
Tools

Ouch!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted
Someone emailed this photo to me, thought you fellow AR members might be interested!

Think he got a bit pissed when his buddy stuck him!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!!!! I saw a buck this fall killed up here in Maine that was chacing does when shot. The hunted discovered at the check station that one of the bucks eyes were gouged out and he had been horned up real bad.

Even when I was in highschool I don't think I would be trying to get laid after getting an eye gouged out.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
Is that considered Typical or Non-Typical? For outer-space? Is that a Buck and a half...

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
Within the last couple of weeks, I was watching a show on the Outdoor Channel (I forget which show) in which a nice whitetail was killed while hot-trailing a doe. The buck's rack looked wierd prior to it being killed and it was found that the buck's right antler was almost horizontal and was flopping around because the deer had a broken skull. He was still chasing does with a broken skull - amazing.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Although interesting, I have to ask if that's a real photo, or a broken antler stuck in a bloody bullet hole. If it's real - DAMN!

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
We killed a nice buck in Iowa that had horrible wounds from fighting. I've seen some pretty bad gouged deer but, this one would have probably died if we hadn't crossed paths w/ him.

They can get quite brutal while fighting. Saw a show on the outdoor channel a while back where a buck actually killed another buck and then made a scrape!!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
DesertRam,

Good question, I don't know the details. But yes if it's real, Damn! Eeker

If not, oh well! shame

I just thought it was interesting

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
Looks "photoshopped" to me. The shadow angle on the guy's leg is not replicated by the antler on the bucks hide. Additionally, the antler base is too sharply defined as compared to the rest of the pic.

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So would that be a 9 point deer or a 3 X 3 X 3??

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote