THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Not REALLY Big Game, but a REALLY BIG LIE!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not REALLY Big Game, but a REALLY BIG LIE!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
This would be funny, except people actually believe such bsflag

http://blog.therainforestsite.com/killing-coyotes/

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Wow that was a huge waste of time, the article is not based on any reputable facts in the least, completely meant to raise the ire of anti hunters.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
quote:
completely meant to raise the ire of money from anti hunters

Fixed it for ya..

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Love this: "A pair or group of coyotes might go after a small deer in the winter."

"Might". These lunatics have never been in the woods.

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A7Dave:
Love this: "A pair or group of coyotes might go after a small deer in the winter."

"Might". These lunatics have never been in the woods.

A biologist for the Montana FWP spent much of his career studying the mule deer in the Bridger Mountains NE of Bozeman, MT.

One of his findings was that coyotes killed 45% of the mule deer fawns within the first 6 months of their lives.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Hay MOM what's for dinner "Coyote" taste like chicken

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what they're upset about; they want more coyotes, they say hunting 'yotes causes the population to grow, sounds like a win-win situation.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow that was a huge waste of time

Not really, to fight one's enemy you have to know the enemy and how they think/believe.

I don't remember seeing anything about the numbers of coyotes and other wildlife killed annually by motor vehicles in America.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I want the 5 min. of my life back that I spent reading the article.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The one thing correct in that greenie weenie article was that no matter what we'll never get rid of coyotes!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bunch of idiots. Personally I think their claim of 800,000 coyotes a year being taken is probably low. I also see where they say the price of coyote skins ($65 according to them) means there is no financial basis for taking them. Do the math on that: 800,000 x $65= $52,000,000 a year. That my friends is big business. Now I fully understand that not every coyote being killed has a large prime skin that sells for top money but that is still a pile of loot.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
" Small deer " ? Well here in NY and PA we have a creature that will take almost any thing -- the coyoteXwolf which runs 80-90 lbs ! Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I almost cried when I read this, LOL:
While killing a coyote may be fun for the hunter, the death has very real consequences for the remaining population. Coyotes are social mammals, much like humans, and they need each other to live a happy and fulfilling life, and they hurt when someone takes that away. Can something truly be considered “fun” if it hurts someone else?

If there were a species with technology superior to ours, and that species were hunting us as we hunt coyotes, all would consider it an egregious atrocity that must be stopped. So why is it that we allow the indiscriminate slaughter of coyotes to continue?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Topgun 30-06:
I almost cried when I read this, LOL:
While killing a coyote may be fun for the hunter, the death has very real consequences for the remaining population. Coyotes are social mammals, much like humans, and they need each other to live a happy and fulfilling life, and they hurt when someone takes that away. Can something truly be considered “fun” if it hurts someone else?

?

I was out with hounds on day and a nut case came up to me and feed me this same line. He asked if I felt bad about killing coyotes I just told him no.

one can not fix stupid

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I put on my 16 in Muck boots to read all that bull shit.

Mike shocker

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top troll, go away. You are embarASSing yourself !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Killartist:

What the flock is wrong with you dude? You either got a hair up your butt, poor reading comprehension, or both, LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go back and look at/read your post !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe TopGun was being sarcastic with his response. I could be wrong, but I feel that was his intentions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
I believe TopGun was being sarcastic with his response. I could be wrong, but I feel that was his intentions.

Thanks CHC, as that is exactly what it was, LOL! I don't think I need to go back and look at what I posted and if he can't figure it out maybe he needs to read it a few times because everyone else did! Maybe he doesn't know what the LOL means after the "I almost cried" line!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Killartist:

Maybe you didn't read the actual article. Top was quoting one of the things that was said in the article. I've known Top for more than 10 years and I assure you those are not his personal words. Did you miss the part where Top said "I almost cried when I read this, LOL:"

That means what follows was something he read, not what he thinks. Didn't they teach English when you went to school?

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote