New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Elk Outfitter Suggestions?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A buddy and I are thinking about an elk hunt, neither of us has done one before. I've seen Canadian outfitters online, but I'd rather stay in the US. We'd both prefer "lodge type" hunts rather than "horse and tent".

Anybody have someone to recommend?

Thanks!

Sam B.
http://www.fireflyarms.com

Posts: 497 | Location: Lewistown, PA USA | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Find a great booking agent.Cost you nothing to
use one and is a priceless service.I have had
nothing but great hunts since I began to use
one.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've used this one for several elk hunts, as well as mule deer and antelope. All lodge based, all private land. NO HIGH FENCES, strictly fair chase! Very much trophy oriented, not a hunt for someone just looking to shoot an elk.
www.sierragrandeadventures.com

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Red Creek Outfitters out of Coalville Utah. My dad, son & I went with them in 2000 and had a great hunt. I booked them thru Cabelas.

Posts: 188 | Location: Northern, Tennesse | Registered: 19 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Copied this from an earlier post - it has the Butte Montana phone number below - Kieth is also a member of this board - Atcheson & Son is as good as they get - Good Luck

I have just been informed of a super moose and caribou combo hunt available due to a cancellation
in Western Alaska with long time outfitter and guide Bob Adams.
This hunt takes place in just 2 weeks so it's time to crack on this one.
Date is August 31 - Sept. 9 2002. Normal price is $11000 for 1+1 basis. Adams will take $7500 for
this hunt. There is only one opening. You would fly to Anchorage on the 29th or 30th and overnight
then fly to Aniak , Ak. on am of the 31st by commercial flight. Then you are met in Aniak by Adams
or his REP. and you fly by charter to his base camp. Cost is approx. $300 r.t.
Buy your licenses for a total of $810 in camp from Bob then it's off to a spike camp to hunt Big
Bulls. Adams tells me right now he has 4 bulls
in one group, three of which are 65 - 70+ inch!!!
Better be in decent shape for this one as it is all airplane and walking hunts. I hunted here in 99
with Bob and took a 68" B&C bull and saw other in the same class. Adams area's are REMOTE and
the man that can shoot, walk and be strong mentally should do well. Questions: Keith Atcheson
406-782-2382

Posts: 363 | Location: Madison Alabama | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am useing this one this fall in wyoming S-N-S outfitter and Guide service out of casper Wy. sns@huntwyo.com A freind use them two years ago shot a very nice 6x6 had great time good guides food ect lodge hunt. the trouble is drawing a bull tag. Drop them a line they well send you info.

Posts: 19437 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote