Notify
Tools

Lastest Montana Grizzly attack
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Full story and pictures at the link

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/...ed-with-9mm-pistols/

– On 16 September 2019, Chris Gregersen and Donivan Cambell were bow hunting elk in Montana, in the Gravelly Mountains, when they were attacked by a grizzly bear. They had gone out for an afternoon hunt, and had hunted up steep drainage, climbed the opposite slope, and had been calling for elk on the opposite side of the ridge with a bugle call.

They were returning to their truck and camp. They stopped calling on the top of the ridge, crested the ridge, and were on a steep downward slope, moving toward the creek at the bottom, on an old game trail. There was no cell service in the area.

The weather was clear, in the 50s, with a slight breeze. It was 6:30 p.m. The sun was low in the sky. They wanted to get back before dark.

In addition to their archery equipment, both men had 9 mm pistols. Chris Gregersen had a Glock 43. Donivan Campbell had a Sig Sauer P320

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow,lucky he got out of that mess alive.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Wow,lucky he got out of that mess alive.

The injuries a bear can inflict in just seconds are amazing.

Diffidently meets the description of great bodily harm.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
These guys were cool and calm, did everything right and lived to tell the tale. I opt for my G20 or S&W329 and pack nothing but 4x4 gauze pads, celox clotting bandage and vet wrap in my first aid kit for just such an occasion. Apparently they are making those adjustments to their gear now also.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a story! Pics were real and graphic. I'm so happy they both lived.

This story, and Phil's report with his defense of a bear with his 9mm, sure point to the fact that a handgun in bear country is better than a big stick!

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It has been know for a long time that a good quality firearm and the skill to use it.

Is a first rate option when defending oneself from violent assault.

The anti gunners the anti-hunters have for years lied and mislead a lot of people into believing other options work as well.