New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gorgeous desert mule deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here's the kind of buck we gringos are hoping for when we head South of the Border:

http://www.huntingreport.com/t...y_gallery.cfm?id=364

Isn't that a beautiful buck? It goes to show there are still some nice ones in Sonora.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THat is a beauty.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Very nice Buck!
ANything in the 190's and especially approaching 200 gets your attention. I would like to see a better picture though, it is plenty big without the "glamour shot" of the guy sitting all the way back at the tail.
Nice buck don't get me wrong.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an absolute brute.

But something in the back of my mind thinks there should be spruce/pine trees and a coldwater mountain stream running through the background of that picture.

Just my own personal fantasy, and not to take away anything from that tremendous mule deer.

Thanks for sharing. it's always good to see big ones.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, SDhunter, but this is a different ball game. A lot of them nowdays are shot from high-seats on the backs of 4x4's, but traditionally they were tracked. Very cool hunt, but you have to make a quick decision to shoot/don't shoot.
I've heard that people who have hunted Africa rate some of the vaqueros in Mexico as good as or better than what they've seen over there.
I don't know at this point how this buck was hunted, but as long as it was legal (and I'm sure it was), it's a great buck.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you think there is any way he could sit a little farther behind the damn deer? You really can't tell nothing about it, but is a nice buck.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Great deer....bullshit picture, I hate when people hold fish way out close to the camera..same crap here.

Great deer though.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats a smokin buck from "anywhere"
irreguardless of the "face" sitting

behind it
beautiful buck

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Great deer, horrible picture.

Oscar Molina was listed as the outfitter and he has a number of ranches that border some of mine. He is a good guy and has always been pleasant to deal with.

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Drummond nice to see you back on here I haven't seen you post in awhile. How was the buck turnout for you guys this past year?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Hey Drummond nice to see you back on here I haven't seen you post in awhile. How was the buck turnout for you guys this past year?

Hey bud! It was a tough year for us last season. Had a couple really big deer get away from us and we killed some decent bucks but it wasnt a year that we have become accustomed to having. We left a ton of good young bucks and anticipate a great season this year.

Lets get together for dinner sometime in Denver

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No way was I taking a shot at this hunt. What a tremendous deer.

My personal dream happens to be conifers, timberline, and high mountain peaks.

As far as shooting from a truck, not my thing either. Give me a tracking/stalking style hunt. It would be a great adventure in it's own right.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote