THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: No American Hunt Club and Postal Regulations

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: No American Hunt Club and Postal Regulations
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One thing I do that is not quite so labour intensive is to tear up all of junk mail and stuff it into one of the postage paid return envelopes and send it back.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
LOL will that work for credit card solicitations to? I must get a dozen in the mail each month

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I saw numerous posts that the NAHC sent many people Books, Videos etc that they never ordered or solicited for.

As a person who use to work for a company that plugs into the postal service quite a bit, I can tell you for sure, that it is postal regulations:

IF YOU RECEIVE AN ITEM THAT YOU DID NOT ORDER OR SOLICITE FOR, you are under no legal obligation to return it or pay for it.

If you don't believe so, contact your local Post Office.

I am not sure if this applies in Canada, but it darn sure applies in the USA. As a part time job I also worked for a while at a company that did customer service for Readers Digest. It was also pointed out Clearly to us, that if a customer received something that they did not order, then we would pay the return postage on it. We were told to treat the customer real gingerly, as they did not want to loose the cost of the item, because the customer did not order it, so they were under no obligation to pay for it, or send it back.

Another little handy tip, Want to Get off of someone's mailing list for advertisement?

Ever get on some outfits mailing list and can't seem to get off of it, no matter how hard you try??

One sure fire way is this:

If they have a Business Reply Card that states that the receiver will pay the postage, so you don't have to put a stamp on it:

Well, by postal regulation they are agreeing to pay the return postage on it. A LITTLE HINT HERE: They have to pay return postage, no matter what the weigth is.

Take their little Business Reply Card, and use shipping tape, and tape it to a brick, or cinderblock, or anything that weighs less than 70 pounds. This is the maximum weight that the postal service will take. An old tire off the 4 x 4 works great.

All said and done, I guarantee you will be off of their mailing list. If they don't do it immediately, just keep doing that to every advertisment they send you until they stop. There is nothing from stopping you from returning something to the NAHC with a cinderblock shipping taped to the item. They will have to pay the postage on it.

YOU will be taken off of their mailing lists.

To finally add a little glee to the situation, I have done this, and advise others to do so, who have gotten a sarcastic letter from the company's president after they paid for a tire or two down in the shipping dept.

Let them be the angry ones, instead of you getting frustrated.

If you don't believe that you can do this, just check with your local post office. You mind find something pleasant that you can fight back and get under their skin for a change!!!

Good luck.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19545 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote