Re: Well, I got a Mt. Goat!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Congratulations. Nice goat.

one of us
posted Hide Post

It wasn't a big billy bodywise but did have a nice set of 9 inch horns. This picture is taken on a slope of app. 70 degrees.

He was in the cliffs up above when I shot him and he fell and slid about 300 yards and broke a bit off of the tips but the taxidermist can fix that. Tough hunt! I'll be 59 in a couple of weeks. Wouldn't want to so it any older.

Rich Elliott

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Rich,

He's a beauty! Where did you get him?

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Awfully nice mountain goat, Rich! I'm very happy for you! I know what you mean about it being a tough hunt. I'm glad you didn't come home empty handed.

Congratulations, Rich!

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well done Rich! I hope to someday get one to go w/ my Tahr.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. This was taken in South East BC. I went with Mr. Bob Fontana's outfit. Anna is running the show and doing a great job. Guess everyone knows that sad story.
I'm off to Maine and VT early in the morning. It's the first time in a while I'm not hunting somewhere in cCt. so I'm makng the foliage pilgrimage with my wife. Maybe catch a trout or two along the way. Back in a couple of weekends.

Regards,

Rich Elliot

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Rich! I have always loved the look of a mountain goat billy in full winter pelage.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote