THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    .454 "Wolverine" Lightweight Pack Revolver

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.454 "Wolverine" Lightweight Pack Revolver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey All,
Just wondering what you think of my brain child?
 -

I have built three of these now and they are great. This one has a 5" tube, the others had 4.25". It weighs only 2 ounces more than a S&W mountain gun! The 4.25" weighs the same! I don't think anyone else does this. I have machined off all the fat, from the front sight to the grip frame to the scope mounts. I have also added a full moon clip conversion to allow shooting of .454, .45 colt, 45 ACP, And 45 winmag! You must use jacketed bullets with .45 colt, 45 acp, and 45 win mag. You have to use a moon clip with the acp and win mag. It's really great to shoot with .45 acp, cheap practice and almost no recoil. It's a little stiff recoiling in 454 but no worse than a 7.5 in stock ruger due to very effective porting. I developed it as a carry gun while fishing, packing meat, or backup hunter in Alaska. It also suprisingly shoots the 45 acp and 454 to same point of aim.
I would appreciate any comments/suggestions.
I could also do it to a .480 but it wouldn't be as versitile. I'm not really trying to sell them here but if you're interested make a post and I'll tell you where to get one.

Thanks,
Aaron

Posts: 79 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,
Like I said in the other post that I have held this gun and its beautiful. Its not that bad of a price either, I was only given a rough estimate since it was the first one you built. Your work is 1st class. I'm seriously considering picking up a ruger 454 and having you do the work. Folks, if your serious in a back-up gun or a gun you want to carry all day this is it. (no I dont work for a gunshop, I was just very impressed)

Posts: 204 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 December 2000Reply With Quote
<Gunnut45/454>
posted
Sweat-Now what kind of $$ we talking about? [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I Like it! You've also taken the ugly out of it, although it does grow on you.

Posts: 83 | Location: butte, montana | Registered: 01 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Takin the ugly out was one of the main objectives.. They go for 1399 or 799 on your gun. About 20 hrs of machining and finishing into the darn thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want more info, www.wildwestguns.com.