Tools

Lead ban spreads to WA State
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted
From the NRA website:

WA lead ban

This is from about a month ago but I just noticed it.

"Lead shot has been banned in waterfowl hunting. Most recently, California passed a law that prohibits hunters from using lead ammunition in areas within the range of the California condor. A symposium was held in June in Boise, Idaho about the effects of lead ammunition on wildlife and humans. Most of the speakers supported a ban on lead ammunition, regardless of the cost, performance, and availability of substitutes. The Department of Ecology plan is yet another effort to remove lead ammunition nationwide."

I'm pointing this out because so many people nationwide seemed to think this could only happen in CA. It snuck by on us, fight while you can.

My family has ranched in this area since the 1880's. No one in my family has ever seen a condor in this area. Now we can't even target shoot on our ranch with lead bullets. (While it was lined out as a ban on hunting with lead bullets, but the game wardens tell me it's a ban against possession of lead bullets in hunting areas. When you're on a ranch you can't PROVE you're NOT hunting so they tell me you can be prosecuted for just possessing lead bullet ammunition.)

FIGHT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly that AZ hasn't mandated lead free as we do have the condors in the northern part of the state. The Game and Fish department do ask that you choose lead free bullets when hunting but that's it.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote