New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge 8 Point
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw this 8 pointer running with an identical 8 during bow season and 1St shotgun season, he and his pal would stand out in a harvested bean field, one day during the bow season I was to rattle and grunt them onto my property but they walked around my stand at about 45 yds and never had a descent shot. During the second season on the 2nd day 12/1 I was in the tree stand 15 minutes in the afternoon and here he comes walking toward my stand he stops at about 25 yards to freshen a scrape that I was unaware of and while rubbing his orbital glands on the branch he was looking at me but apparently did not see me. I couldn't take the shot do to brush. I stayed on him as he walked away and as he walked through the under brush I waited for him to walk through a little window of no brush. I SHOT HIM WITH A bps 20 GAUGE WITH HASTINGS LAZER SLUG AT ABOUT 20 YARDS the slug entered right behind the front shoulder and broke the opposite foreleg with the slug stopping just under the skin. He ran about 40 yds. The deer was huge I tried to hoist him into my gator but couldn't do it so I got my tractor and scooped him into the bucket, did a quick score and he is in the 140 to 150 class, if he is in the high end he would be the biggest deer I have taken as I have a P&Y 142.25 His bases where approx 9" so big they where interferring with the bases of his ear as shown in the picture

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
He is a bruiser for sure. Love the mass.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Great deer, congratulations.

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Congrats,
It takes one heck of an 8 pointer to reach 150.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really great buck. Congratulations.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great mass on that guy!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Eeker

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you! A fine 8 pt. buck. I bagged one on the same day as yours here in IL, too. Mine was nowhere the size of yours though!
Brittman

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's about as nice as they come. Hell of a deer. Good shot too. Congratulations!

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck! My mother grew up in Wilmington. I use to hunt a lot on family farms and the JAP facility. It is big buck country.

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the congrats to be honest I knew he was a shooter but never thought he was as big bodied and heavy rake. I seen him several times as various ranges and never thought he was what he turned out to be
I shot him in the southern part of the state

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck! Looks like that slug worked perfectly.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12937 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I love big, gnarly 8 pointers! Congrats!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote