New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What will this score?"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any of ya'll with Boone & Crockett experience, your comments would be appreciated.

Rooster

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh man! He will make the book from the looks of it. I thought they were only in Wyoming?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mature Jackalopes such as that one are very rare..

Truth be known the B&C world record was harvested in Douglas Wyo.....

I have read dozens of books by hero's and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles!

Posts: 104 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Rooster!

I hate to tell you but it won't make Boone & Crockett!

But it will score very high in "Dope & Young"!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KInd of reminds me of the time a fellow from back east was out in my area in eastern Colorado. He wanted to see a Jackalope. I told him the "bucks" were very hard to find, but we could sure show him some "does".

We went out to the winter wheat fields and jumped up about 15 or so plain old garden variety jack rabbits and he was amazed that with all the 'does' around we couldn't find a single "buck". To this day I don't think he realizes that he had been had.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
As long as we are scoring trophies...
How do you score 'em when the skull is kinda
smushed?

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Hey Jeff,

If I can remember correctly, these are scored not by skull size but by the size of the teeth!
I sure hope you didn't break them, He's a real beauty!!!!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Hey Rooster How's it going?

You must have gotten that big boy on one of your trail cams down there in the swamp. Big Grin

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rooster:
Any of ya'll with Boone & Crockett experience, your comments would be appreciated.

Good tine length, I will say 57.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
When my kids were young I had them going looking for the Jack-O-lope now I have a picture to show them. I never had a chance to take them snipe hunting. Now they are all grown up (at least they think) they don't care to hunt. O well maybe when I have Grand Kids they might like to hunt. BTW you should have that one stuffed roflmao

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thats a cottontaillope! Must be a cross breed, half jack and half cottontail. nut

Posts: 14 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 21 November 2004Reply With Quote