THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Alaska shows the way on wolf control vs feds

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska shows the way on wolf control vs feds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Animal rights whackos were seeking to expand wolf protection zones, but instead got this from Alaska's DNR:

http://www.redcounty.com/alask.../37501?taxonomy=1873

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is extremely refreshing to see someone stand up to these crazies and just say "NO". It feels good to know I lived for 20 years where someone had a brain as far as game management went.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are they really saying no?

As I read the article, they are willing to trade some kind of boundary no trapping zones for concessions elsewhere.

While I applaud them for trying to take some sort of a stand, it looks like it was a 4-3 vote, hardly resounding.

I would also be worried that the feds would use the "hammer" approach here, (If it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer...) and force "those provincial know nothings who elected Palin" to do what is "right" regardless. I haven't seen much real compromise or reason coming out of Washington in the last 10 years-- regardless of who is in power there.

Posts: 11025 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that if you just shoot every one you see would help some. If I could retire, I would retire to Alaska and wolf shooting would become my favorite hobby.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote