THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    On-Line Bow Hunting Game - What do you think?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On-Line Bow Hunting Game - What do you think?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Had a buddy send me "this Link" to an On-Line Bow Hunting Game.

Some of the shots they(the Game creators) consider as missing the Kill Zone for Bow Hunters are quite interesting.

What do you all think about it?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core, interesting is a good word, I might just step up and call bull

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
Some of the shots they(the Game creators) consider as missing the Kill Zone for Bow Hunters are quite interesting.

What do you all think about it?

I'll tell you what I think, the creators must not be very seasoned bowhunters. What they consider "perfect" or "good shot" in some of those cases would be a diaphragm hit if the deer happened to be exhaling at the moment of impact. They're full of crap on a bunch of those. But hey, that is just my confindence/experience talking.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear from both of you. I was thinking the same thing.

Though I'm not a very experienced Bow Hunter, I have done some archery Hunting. Over the years I'm sure it has helped me kill a lot of up-close Deer with my Revolvers as well as my Rifles. But as I started through the Game, I was quite surprised at some of the "Kill Shots" they consider Bad Shots to take.

The very first situation in the Game with the Deer's "shoulder" visible for a clean shot between the forks of the tree seems like an easy Kill to me. I feel sure my old 65# Martin Lynx would drive the arrows I have through "both" scapulas(shoulders) and right on into the ground - without deflecting. Same with any Bullet I'd take in the Woods for Deer Hunting.
---

Anyone disagree?!?!? If so, please explain your thoughts or experiences.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Yea, regarding that first shot through the forked tree, the kill shot THEY like is so damn close to the left that you'd risk hitting the tree itself. There is a perfect clearcut shot right down the middle and you'd tuck the arrow tight into the rear of the shoulder and go right through the heart.

I've killed probably more deer with a bow than with a rifle with the shortest shot being 3 yards right on the other side of a huge oak (I was on the ground and at full draw for about 2 minutes while this deer fed quartering toward me), and the longest shot was 72 yards.

I am very confident with a bow, the creaters of the game need some lessons.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I scored a 23. Just aim for the brisket or the guts and you will get 100 for sure.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RMiller:
I scored a 23. Just aim for the brisket or the guts and you will get 100 for sure.
That was what was bothering me too. I'm not for Gut Shooting at all and it sure looked like you had to line up there "according to" the Game.

Just not impressed by it, but I thought I might have been missing something.

Thanks for taking a look and replying.

Good hunting and clean 1-shot kills.