THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Sportsmans Warehouse not joining Cabelas/Bass Pro family after all

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sportsmans Warehouse not joining Cabelas/Bass Pro family after all
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Glad to see this:

To our valued customers,

A year ago, Sportsman’s Warehouse entered into a merger agreement with Great American Outdoors, parent company of Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops. Effective December 2, 2021, that merger agreement was terminated. We at Sportsman’s Warehouse are excited to continue operating as a separate, independent and publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: SPWH).

As we enter 2022, we look forward to continuing our strong growth – adding more stores, improving Sportsmans.com, and expanding our product assortment and services. Our mission to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service remains unchanged.

Gear up for unforgettable!

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Great news. Cabelas was ruined by the merger and glad to see there will be someone who offers an alternative to the conglomerate in the market.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
These mergers are not good for hunters/shooters. We really need to vote with our feet/dollars.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
There is a Sportsmans in Las Cruces and it is next to a Rudy's BBQ. It is the no-brainer shop for most things, I don't buy from Cameraland, Euro Optics, Kuiu or someone else.

Cabelas is 20 miles farther down the road. It is a bigger store, but it is full of people that don't hunt, fish or know anything. 99% of everything that isn't guns, or ammo in Cabelas and Bass Pro was made in China as cheaply as possible.

Sportsmans has decent quality stuff, they also have the China market stuff.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It is great news. I had heard about this a couple of months ago from one of Sportsman's management. Sportsman's is my preferred place to shop for hunting and fishing, even with a huge Bass Pro Shops just at the other end of the Las Vegas Valley. Big Grin tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news!

I do not even like going to Cabela’s. I’ll stick with Sportsman’s

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
That is great news!

I no longer have anything to do with Cabelas or any business affiliated with them since Johnny Morris bought them.

The trail of devastation left by JM and his group is massive..

Two great brands he destroyed - Ranger Boats and Cabelas and that just for starters...

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Great news!

I do not even like going to Cabela’s. I’ll stick with Sportsman’s

SPWH at 6 times earnings? No brainer...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14629 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness. Sportsman's is the only chain with any selection of gear for a serious sportsman.
Bass Pro, Cabela's, Academy: nothing but chinese garbage and getting more shitty every day. Department stores full of cheap clothes for trailer trash and imbeciles. Makes me sad to think how awesome Cabelas was back in the day.