Find
Notify
Tools

got one - sort of
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
well as the title says i did get an aoudad - sort of
hunting on the rio hondo with jim welles there were 8 in camp. 1st morning out - 8:50 am. we spooked a herd of about 30 or so they went about half way up a steep hill and stopped to look back at us. There were 2 good rams in the group. bunched up on the bench the group left a small opening in the middle, enough to squeeze a shot through without hitting 2. I watched one of the big rams walk into the group
concentrating on the crosshairs and the opening i waited for the ram and as he entered the opening i fired he took half a step and fell over. only problem was - yup - wrong ram. 3 year old.
anyway we did see somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 sheep that morning, including one real buster in another group of about 50 good part was that the entire hunt, short as it was, was quite good. with my back i'm not sure i could have done much more than a few hours at a time, and on the trip back hoe we managed to get just ahead of one big storm. i might just have to go back again next year and see if i can find that old buster

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your hunt even if you didn't get the exact animal you were after.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Pictures of the rams please!
I have been on that ranch and would love to see pics.

On the ram, it happens sometimes. SMile and go back next year!

Posts: 10273 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote