New
Find
Notify
Tools

WY Deer Points
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have three WY deer points and I'm starting to research what limited draw areas I can draw with three points and have a resonable chance to harvest a 24 inch or better mule deer buck. I know three points won't get me into one of the premier areas but I don't want to wait until I have 10 points to draw. I'm willing to backpack into an area and spend up to a week hunting. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent....

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 points won't keep you out of the premier areas either, since everyone has 3 points.
the non- res bonus point system just started 3 yrs ago. good luck

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ravenr,
From the 2010 draw odds it looks like 4 points is the Max points available. I must have sat out a year on buying deer points. I have 3 antelope points and will apply this year. I'd like to break the 15 inch mark on an antelope buck this season. I hope this winter and spring won't be too hard on them.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks like i'm off on my info.
good luck.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote