New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem on Pig hunt, suggestions?
 Login/Join

<Desert Rat>
posted
Several months ago, I asked for help in finding a place to hunt pigs in Texas. Bob from Texas was very helpful, and I ended up reserving a hunt for 10-12 at the Hat Cattle Co. ranch on the Nueces river. My son, 14, and my daughter, 21 would be hunting with me. It would be my son's first big game hunt. He was very excited about it, and could not believe that it was really going to happen.

Today I recieved a call from the ranch manager. The Ranch has been put on contract, and all hunts are cancelled. This leaves me in a bit of a bind, as I would like to find a substitute that is within driving distance of Ft. Worth and Texas A&M. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Desert Rat:

You might try:

Hilje Hunting Haven
P. O. Box 555
Cotulla, Tx. 78041

Jud or Kay Hilje....Phone (830)676-3328

They offer Axis Deer, Hogs for off season hunts between January & Sept.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 914 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Try Rollan Dennis at 1-580-564-4049.I don't know if he is all booked up or not but the ranch is about 2 hours North of Ft Worth in Oklahoma. Cost is $350 for 2 1/2 day hunt.It is hunting though not fenced in.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Desert Rat>
posted
Sorry if I confused anyone. The 10-12 was meant to be 10-12 March. The hunt was reserved for myself and my two children. Thanks hm1996 and Rob1SG, I will check out your suggestions.

one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Call William Nixon at 972-486-4841. He is outside of Kaufman about 60 miles South East of Dallas. He has about 1000 acres of the wildest, "hoggiest" river bottom you have ever seen. He has feeders with stands or plenty of spot and stalking.
You wont find a nicer guy or better wild hog hunting.
Tell him Don Sherpy gave you his name and number.
Have fun, good luck, be safe..... and take a compass!!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Bruz>
posted
The Ranch has been put on contract, and all hunts are cancelled.

Jerks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, ain't the bunch down at Hat Cattle Co. a bunch of sweethearts. [Mad]

Did they try to point you in another direction to rebook your hunt? I think, at worst, I'd be writting letters to the state DNR and tourism department.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Jonathan at Camp Cooley Ranch. NE of Bryan college Station. Lots of pigs on 10,000 acres and a world of African and other exotics to look at (or hunt).. He's great with youngsters. I took my son and nephew there a few weeks ago. See report on African forum. Jonathan is at 979-777-7564. You might need to call a few times. Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote