Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Where do you fit on this scale?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd say I'm a 9.

Posts: 152 | Location: West Central Missouri | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wore cap guns every day in 1955 [see atavar].
I lusted after a single shot .410 in the store in 1963.
I could shoot pheasants like today's kids play Nintendo in 1965.
I have 50 surplus rifles for turning into deer rifles, but have never been deer hunting.

I think I am back up to 10.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm about a 6.5. I also like benchresting my big guns and the guys around me on the range look at me like I'm nuts. I also clear a couple of tables on either side of me too.

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
5 for me!

I don't think I would be shooting if it wasn't a practice for the hunting, but I would never go hunting with an ugly gun. In my gun safe, everything is wood and blue with classical lines and design is an important issue for me when buying a gun, but I would not buy a gun unless I really intended to hunt with it.

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a 10

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm an amateur gunsmith, reloader, and deer hunter. I guess I'm more shooter than hunter. If I couldn't use a rifle, I suspect I wouldn't hunt much.

Killing deer with a stick? No way!

Put me down as a 7.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I participate in both and enjoy both so call me a 5.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use to be more concerned about the rifle in the 7-8 category. Today I would say the 4-5 range.

Posts: 35 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
Hardcore 1. I own no custom guns, and all but one have composite stocks and are stainless steel. I do have some custom stocks and my triggers have been lightened. My guns are in popular, effective calibers (.22, .223, .270, 30'06, 7mm Mag). I don't reload. I experiment with factory loads until I find the one that shoots best. On the range all my guns shoot 1.5 or less at 200 yrds. and the .223 shoots 3.4" to 1". I shoot whitetail deer, squirrels and groundhogs in Virginia and Maryland because the travel time is short and because It needs doing here.
Shockin ain't it.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd say I'm an 8. I've got two gun safes full of guns and an still thinking about the next one. I like to hunt, but each time I take out a different rifle, so the hunt is as much about the rifle as it is the hunting. If I couldn't hunt I would still have and procure guns, if I couldn't have guns I doubt that I would hunt.
How many guns is enough? Just one more.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poster TerryR comes close to decribing me. Two safes full from .17-.375 and rifles in most of the closets. In fact I just purchased a dakota 97 in 300 win mag and the scope for it arrived today. Already mounted it and can't wait to sight in. All the while dreaming of Africa!

Posts: 192 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
8 for me

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post

My guns are expensive and cared tools that allow me the practice of my most desired and joyfull sport : hunting

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
God love yah! I'd love to have a tour of your gun cabinet.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like hunting equally as I do target shooting so I guess I would have to be a 5.

Posts: 28 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 64 | Location: Utah | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy owning, caring for & improving fine guns & own many more than I need. I love hunting, but I enjoy just being outdoors with a fine gun that performs well in my hands. I would rather take a mediocre game animal with a fine gun than a fine animal with a mediocre firearm. Some of my most memorable hunting memories have been the chase after a mediocre animal that was a difficult chase. The trophy & the meat is just icing on the cake! When making love to a women you can have a hell of a good time with a ugly one, but how much better is it to have a great looking who knows what she's doing & is experienced? I'll not be found hunting with a ugly one! I love fine guns, hunting, gorgeous women & messing with all them! Call me a 10.
Regards Mike

Posts: 308 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 12 September 2003Reply With Quote