THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Pennsylvania girl survives bear attack and PETA attacks her

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pennsylvania girl survives bear attack and PETA attacks her
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
http://rackemupblog.com/2013/1...-attacked-by-a-bear/

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PETA is just like all the other eco-terrorists, they don't have a fu#*ing clue!!!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've worked in academia (universities) most of my professional career. Being a hunter can be a liability there. These places are FULL of folks with who are extremely bright yet extremely ignorant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fuck PETA.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
PETA is disgusting!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, IMHO, clueless is as clueless does.
Talk about a real nut job.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
I am a card carrying member of P.E.T.A (People Eating Tasty Animals) and I don't understand this letter at all. I think the people at PETA should realize how different it is to die from a rifle shot compared to being ripped apart alive by a bear or a pack of wolves. They also need to realize that game animals live as prey. They only stay alive by eluding the predators and they do that every day of their lives. Man is the top predator in most cases and we have a place in the control of herd sizes. Wolves don't seek out the weak and old the go after the animal that they can separate from the herd. It doesn't matter what its physical condition is or how old it is.

Animals do not live in our world of laws and morality and they don't suffer from the same emotions that we have. They are prey and they only live as long as the can stay ahead of the predator.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me a bit that uninformed nut cases in PETA would send a letter out like that and then defend it with all kinds of BS like that nut in the video.

one of us
posted Hide Post
She wasn't even hunting bear.

MILL HALL, Pa. - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A black bear attacked a teenager in central Pennsylvania as she hunted deer on a family farm, state police said Tuesday.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...IayHIejf14rN3s60EgdQ

Camille Marie Bomboy, 18, of Mill Hall, suffered severe bites on her arms and shoulders, and a deep cut on her head, authorities said. She was hunting with a large group Monday in Porter Township, about 75 miles northwest of Harrisburg, when three black bear cubs ran past her.

Troopers said the girl turned around to see a large black bear charging her and that the victim's stepfather was able to scare it off. The girl underwent surgery at a hospital.

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote