New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool Wisconsin turkey
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last Friday, having been handed a lemon by our governor (I'm a state employee and Friday was one of my eight furlough days this year) I decided to make lemonade and go turkey hunting. At 6:09 AM I shot a nice tom. Not particularly big (23#) but it had FIVE beards. Several years ago I called one in for a friend that had two (the bird, not my clean-shaven friend) but had only ever heard of toms with more than two.

If I could only manage the photo-posting process, I'd show you.

Last fall during deer season, on the same property, my son saw a white-phase turkey. I would love to get a shot at that one. Maybe this weekend.

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
COngrats - multibeards are very cool...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott

E-mail the pic to me and I'll post it for you.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12928 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Below are the pics for Sdirks - Nice Bird!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron Nielson has already volunteered to post the pictures, but thanks!

Posts: 571 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Very nice bird! A friend of mine back in high school shot a bird with 3 beards, but I can't remember ever seeing one with 5!

We did see a bearded hen one morning. Had she came a bit closer, she would likely be sitting in my trophy room this very second. THe state of Oklahoma doesn't differentiate between toms and hens, it is only bearded or non-bearded.

Nice bird again!!! Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The really exciting part about this bird is the striking orange and green banding pattern on its left leg.

Andy