THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    more thoughts on wifes and girlfriends

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

more thoughts on wifes and girlfriends
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My hunting groups was made up of 4 and sometimes 5 guys. We made several trips a year. Several years ago, against our best wishes, one of the guys decided he was going to bring his new wife on our "big" trip out west. We would be camping about 50 miles from the roads end, etc, etc. And we figured the various accomadations we would have to make with a woman in camp would be a royal pain in the ass. But he insisted. Well, we were proven wrong. The girl was quite a hand. One to ride the river with as it were. She pitched in and did her share and then some. When she killed her first deer, she asked that we "tell" her how but she insisted she was going to dress that deer herself. And she did.
The rest of the group and I were quite disheartened when we learnt they were splitting up. What I would like to know from you guys is how can we gently tell the guy to stay home and invite his ex-wife?

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Good ones like that are hard to come by. I am one of the fortunate ones that has such a wife and I wouldn't trade her for the world!

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

posted Hide Post
Just invite her, collectively, and see how he reacts. Chances are he'll beg off and think it was HIS decision, leaving no room for blame. Even if he elected to come along once, he'd soon realize that he's now the "odd man out" and that will be the end of it. I say this because I have gone through very similar situations involving both "new" men and women, over the years.
As with most hunting groups, total numbers are finite and the cream rises to the top.
You are fortunate in having such a group.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'd like to add that good men are hard to find! I don't know any single guys that hunt and fish in my area! Seems like they are all married to women who don't like those activities. How does that happen????

------------------
~Ann
Orion Trophy Expeditions

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don�t know how and why, but you are right, Ann.

Maybe its kinda natural law, just like the driver who knows how to cope with snow and difficult terrain always ends up behind one, who doesn�t ...

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Ann,

I alway thought it was "a hard man is good to find".

------------------
The older I get the better I was.

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Farm:
Seems like they are all married to women who don't like those activities. How does that happen????

I'll tell you how. Sex. They sell out on everything else. They compromise their own values for a POA. That's how. They do NOT emphasize, STRINGENTLY, finding a woman they GET ALONG WITH IN MOST ASPECTS OF LIFE!!! So they get what they deserve. It's better to be alone than to be with someone you can't stand, who you bitch about to your friends behind his/her back. Anyone who doesn't hold out for what he or she wants is a compromising wimp who gets what he or she deserves. If people were more selective about who they marry, we wouldn't have such an epidemic of divorces in this country.

Russ

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sarge, boy you got that one right!!!

The rest of you, is Russ correct? Did you all sell out for a POA??????

------------------
~Ann
Orion Trophy Expeditions

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Not me.

Of course physical (sexual) attraction was what got us together in the first place.

My wife is my best friend. While we don't always agree on everything, we do agree on most things.

Twenty-fifth anniversary coming up in May.

------------------
The older I get the better I was.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bee,

Without seeing your name I could have figured that it was posted by you - hehehehehe

Just tell him you hate his guts and you want his ex to join the gang!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my wife hunted.When I had my hunting preserve, she use to shoot competitive sporting clays and run my setters. She'd complain everytime I wacked a pheasant when she was with me.

Ann: How can I get a new wife that wants to hunt and shoot?

Let me know.

Thanx.

------------------
Speak softly and carry a really big MAGNUM.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 396 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Russ,
I think you have it right! Those old midwestern ideals are showing up. Too often, that "selling out" apllies to other things as well, very unfortunately.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anne

I don't think everyone sells out for a POA. Although my wife doesn't hunt herself, she is not squeamish about hunting or butchering either. Had that been the case we would not be married. I am lucky

Rockhead

PS Anne do you want us to set you up with our single friends that hunt and fish?

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is incredibly important to keep wives and girlfriends seperated.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Know that for a fact, do you?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yep sure do that way you never have to look for a hunting partner but the bad thing is they can really shoot so i agree keep them apart

Posts: 46 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"If people were more selective about who they marry, we wouldn't have such an epidemic of divorces in this country."
Agreed - wholeheartedly!

"Anyone who doesn't hold out for what he or she wants is a compromising wimp who gets what he or she deserves."
I Disagree - some of us were too immature & stupid to understand the importance, but were not compromisers.

My impression, gathered over the decades, is that 1. Women, in general, mature more quickly than men, and, 2. There are lots of men who don't really begin to grow common sense until they are are 26-28 years old. By then many are already married. While there are exceptions, of course, I believe both items to be broadly true.

Agree or disagree as you will!

BigIron

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think common sense where women are concerned comes much later, 37-40.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
And for those who are not married or otherwise committed.... Maybe Saeed will open a "personals forum". You know, one hunting/shooting/reloading nut seeks attractive individual with the same interests (or at least endless patience for a partner who does).... send pix of guns and trophies, and list of up comming hunts!

------------------
>>>--------------------->
Toxophilie and carry a bent stick.
<---------------------<<<