New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How did you do this year?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Boghossian: Yes we were about three miles from the nearest road. No pack animals, just good ol "strong back" "weak mind" method and an Alasakn frieghter frame.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Took a 4x4 Buck with the New Hornady L&L SST. Had missed 3 other's as big or as good cause I went by the Ballistics on the Hornady site with the 300gr SST. They along with the Power Belt's Ballistics-used the smokeless T-Seven pyrodex pellets. Until I got my friend's range finder, found out I was shooting over every thing. At 100 yds, the 300gr at 3inches high was suppost to drop 11 inches at 250yds as to Hornady's table. I had mine sighted in at 2 inches high at 100yds and at a metered 235yds was hitting were I aimed, twice in a row. As luck had it, seen one of the 4x4's 2nd to the last day Oct 6th and put some hair over the over the cross hair's on a 1x32 Thompson scope which we are not allowed powered magnification in UT and with an T-Encore S-ST-Syn and 3-50gr pellets had a complete pass through shot right behind the front shoulder's. Will stay with the reg-Pyrodex pellets cause they have more Muzzle Vel. Will try it again in Nov for the Elk muzzler season.

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Hunted here in Wyoming. Took 2 antelope (both with the .243), a deer with a .270 and an elk with the .375. Just got back from elk camp about noon today. Elk is at the butcher getting hacked and packed. So I guess season 2004 is over for me. Better start planning for 2005.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Skibum
Good luck with the 7X57. I used mine for the first time this year and fell in love with it. Accurate, soft shooting and yet it hits hard. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
TerryR

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote