New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cautionary Tale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Decided to take my .223 out for some plinking next weekend. It's been stored in my gun cabinet, unused, for a year. Something tugged at a corner of my mind: run a dry patch through it first. So I took out the bolt, and checked the bore... couldn't see a bit of light through it. Ran a rod, then a patch through it, and dislodged on mummified spider and web. Had I not checked, I might not have enough fingers left to type this with.

Posts: 2281 | Location: Layton, UT USA | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ah yes, here in West Virginia, dirt daubers are big. I am thinking about mixing a little ddt with my hoppes #9.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Denton,

Seems that every hunter safety instructor in the US has a bbl that is blown up due to arachnid infestation doesn't it! Amazingly, we have all seen these scary things but sometimes we just get careless I guess.

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote