New
Find
Notify
Tools

BIG Ohio Buck News
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone else hear of the adams county,Ohio buck recently shot by a Amish Hunter with a crossbow that greenscores 295 B&C?Ran across it on Boone& crockett club website last night...Unreal! thumbscroll down half way on the page under trophy news..Way To go OHIO! dancing

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the B & C site:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch.asp?area=news

That is an amazing deer.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a heck of a deer! I hope the link to the picture on the B&C site works...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like this pic to... he is a DANDY! dancing

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey BBH, Thank you. That sure is a WHOPPER!

The guy holding up the head does appear to be in a state of shock.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
jeez, he could have at least waited until it was mature... poor little bambi.... ;-)

HOLY CRAP! that is a huge deer! i agree, that guy looks like he doesnt believe it...

i'm sure i'd never get a clean shot off on a deer like that. my shorts would be all squishy from crapping them and my eyes would water...

DAMN!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
dang---- he beat me to him!!!

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
futher mucker! That is a HOG with a capital H-U-G-E!!!!

I think I'd get antler panic if I got a good look at that before trying to pull the trigger on it.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Here's more on that buck from the Ohio DNR-Division of Wildlife

So do the Amish believe in allowing their bucks to be scored and entered into the Boone & Crockett record book ? Or is that considered 'prideful' and thus sinful ? bewildered

I'd really love to think this dude made his own crossbow, bolts and broadheads out of whatever materials he had available. And rode the buggy to and from the stand.

It'd be really sweet if he used simple homemade equipment with no high tech gadgetry Big Grin