Find
Notify
Tools

Looking back on 2012....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I must say, 2012 was one of the best hunting & fishing years I've ever had. I met a lot of personal goals, and can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!! Here are some photos (in chronological order from January forward)....

Asian Water Buffalo - January 2012....

42.5" Scimitar Horned Oryx - January 2012....

I've been an avid bass fisherman my entire life, and my goal has always been to catch a bass over 10 lbs. Well in February, I made a trip down to Falcon Lake on the Texas/Mexico border and managed to surpass that goal and then some. I caught an 11.15# and 10.20# in two days.....and to say I was on "Cloud 9" would be an understatement!!

11.15 pounder....

10.20 pounder....

In June, I hunted with my good buddy Curtis Schramm on his ranch in Gonzales, TX and shot this MONSTER Axis!! He had 11 scorable points and beams measuring 36.5" x 35". I have killed 3 Axis bucks, but I'm not sure if I will ever be able to top this buck. It was also the largest Axis ever taken on Curtis' Ranch....

November came, and I was finally able to kill a Whitetail buck with more than 9 points on our lease in Mason County, TX. I had killed numerous 9 point deer in my life....but nothing with more than that. This buck was a 5.5 year old main frame 10, with a split G-3 on his left side. He might not be a monster, but he was certainly no slouch for the Hill Country....

Lastly, a couple weeks later in November, I was able to meet my goal of getting my first ever Whitetail buck with a handgun. It was a 6.5 year old cull buck with 4 points on one side, and 2 on the other. Definitely a good buck to get out of the gene pool, and a blast to be able to take with a pistol....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
That is indeed a whopper of an axis! Very nice.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1841 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote