THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    C.T. Ballistic Silvertip: harder than Nosler B.T.?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C.T. Ballistic Silvertip: harder than Nosler B.T.?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are C.T. Ballistic Silvertips harder (stronger) than plain Nosler Ballistic Tips or not? - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No they are not, both are for light to medium game. The Nos-Bal Tip Hunting bullet is the same, The only 2 things different with the C T is the color of the tip and the Lubalox coating. Both will start to expand at low velocities and will both to pieces if you hit heavy bones. If you go to page 2 of the reloading section on the Topic Shed Some Light On the Hornady Interbonds and look At Grizz's milk jug test for expansion for the Hornady Interbonds. Well it was done with the Nos Bal Tip Hunting bullet same way and there was total core seperation-Lead out of the jacket.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used both. Other than the paint job, I don't think they are different.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I've not shot any BT bullets but here's what Nosler has to say....

http://www.nosler.com/ballsilvertip.html

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Ballistic Silvertips are not any different than the Ballistic Tips except for the coatings and the color of the plastic tips. I have watched them make both at the plant in Oregon, very interesting.

One of the most interesting parts is that they make the Ballistic Silvertip bullets in Oregon, then send them to California to be coated. Kind of weird, but that is what they do.

If you like coated bullets, they are the way to go, I guess.
But I am not sure why they even make them.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote