THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: TexasFree-Range Blackbuck Hunt Available Sept. 18!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: TexasFree-Range Blackbuck Hunt Available Sept. 18!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted
Bob, you're killing me! I was just down there this past weekend. There are so many "if only"s in the world of hunting...

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Y'all,

The rancher I guide blackbuck hunts for just got in touch with me. They still have several large bucks on the ranch right now, some are dark bodied, and he has agreed to let me do a hunt to finance a new engine for his son's truck!! This will be the last possible hunt until after deer season. If you have been wanting a blackbuck, this is your chance.

The hunt is Saturday, September 18th. We are going to do this one a bit different and break it up into two half-day 1x1 hunts. This will let the animals settle down between hunts when the hunting is poor anyway. I will take the first 2 members who sign up. We will hunt from 7 am to noon and from 4 pm to dark. The cost is only a $100 daily rate and a $700 trophy fee when you take your buck. You should get a shot at animals from 17" to 20"+. The ranch is near Camp Wood, Texas. These are free-ranging blackbucks on a working ranch and are not behind high-fence. They are very wary and don't stand still for long. It is a challenging hunt. Be prepared to take up to a 300 yard shot. I can usually get you within 150-200 yards.

The first two folks to sign up and mail me a $100 deposit are going blackbuck hunting.

Let me know ASAP,

Bob

Mail your deposit check or money order to:

Bob Connell
2167 NE Loop 410, #D-28
San Antonio, TX 78217

This is a blackbuck I took from this ranch:

This is one taken earlier this year:

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
DR is correct........San Antonio......the ranch is about 2 1/2 hours WNW of here.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Quote:

What is the nearest airport?

That would be San Antonio I believe.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the nearest airport?

Posts: 1525 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
The first slot is taken.....I have room for one more hunter.....

Bob