THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: When Africa is not in the cards, S. Texas is O

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: When Africa is not in the cards, S. Texas is O
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would suspect the pig population is doing well with all the h2O around. Did you see lots? "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
There seems to be quite a few more hogs than in dry years, but they are really tough to spot as the brush has really grown; even deer and the larger animals are hard to see. I did see quite a few while hunting the eland w/Fred as we had access to the whole ranch, not just the leased pastures.

I managed to get three hogs this season and my guest missed two before we discovered his muzzle break had cracked and was actually touching the bullet as it exited the break. Boy, does that play hob with your shooting! He was getting pretty testy about the situation......surely couldn't have had anything to do with my razzing him. He finally connected with one and all was well. We also passed a few while hunting nilgai.

The mosquitoes are really thriving, however!

Regards,
hm

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote