THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Did I kill the first bull Elk of 2004? (pics added

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I kill the first bull Elk of 2004? (pics added
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thursday morning at 10 AM I finally connected with a Bull Elk.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT with the picture added.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Very nice bull!!!

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wonderful trophy there, Chuck. Real nice,makes me dream!

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good on you, Chuck. I didn't realize there was still hunting for antlered beast going on, I was already thinking about black bears, and hopefully a little winter trip into wolf territory.

Congratulations, nice bull. Now where in the house will you put it? ;-) Those things are huge!

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frans-there are still open seasons for elk in the cyprus hills and wmu 300.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I indeed killed him in WMU 300. The season runs from Dec 25-Feb 21.

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Chuck, that's a real toad... way to go.

Brad

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Very nice bull!! Good job and congrats

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year. Man, what a way to get started. Now you will have to come up with a new resolution.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like one fine mature 6X6 Bull Elk, and his color is spectacular. You are hidden by his exceptional very symetrical rack. His eye guard tines are long, the rack has good mass and it is certain to score in the high 300's. It looks like your rifle is pointing straight at you in the picture, sure hope the chamber is open and no round is in the chamber. Had the angle the picture was taken been just a bit different you and your Bull Elk would have shown much better. The world record Bull Elk has eye guard tines that are 29" long and scores 446".

Posts: 64 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote