THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Dall sheep Hunt---Brooks Range taken 08/15/08

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dall sheep Hunt---Brooks Range taken 08/15/08
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Damn, that is a fine ram!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scott, just got home today as a matter of fact!.....Chuck

Posts: 552 | Location: Brooks Range , Alaska | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Very nice Ram!
Nice trip, the boy gets a Grizz and you get a fine Ram, nice!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
That is a terrific ram. CONGRATS! thumb

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic, what a nice looking ram!

Posts: 549 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AWESOME!!!!!! thumb thumb

Great pix of a great Ram, with one very happy hunter..

Kudos to you!!!

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
!ook behind you, someone left thier bino's on the ground! really a nice ram. Is there a story?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRADULATIONS on a awesome Ram thumb

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Weidmannsheil!

Absolutely superb! Great mass for a Dall, perfect tip(s) - at least left. Am I right in assuming the curl is fairly tight?? Otherwise with that perfect tip, he would go over 40" - but maybe he does??

Let's see some pictures from the front and from the other side, please.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The smile says it all Big Grin

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just loved the Brooks when I hunted there. Gorgeous ram. Is he about 37"-38"?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12930 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
This is perfect example of why everyone should consider carrying a camera on their hunts, even if it's a small one. You can share so much more of your hunt with a few pictures than pages of text. Of course, if you carry something, be sure you know how to use it. It's obvious by this and the pic of AKS son w/bear that a little thought went into the pics.

Congrats on taking the ram on what was likely already a successful hunt.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I almost over looked the sheep for all the teeth shining in the picture!!

Great job!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Fish and game measured it 37.5" the bases were 13.5" he was broomed back pretty good on the right side, but he was still nice, I just liked his mass, I have always wanted a Dall with 14" bases but oh well, saw some others but they didn't have the mass this Ram had, he was aged at 11 years old. According to F&G, the sheep up in the Brooks rarely ever get past 13 years, due to the harsh winters.

One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
beer

Fine Ram! You look too damn happy there my friend. Let's tone it down alittle. Big Grin

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beautiful big ram! beer

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
THAT is a beautiful ram... well done!

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
PS, wanted to add how great it is to actually see someone smiling in a "trophy shot"... some guys look so miserable and sullen I'm surprised they have the requisite optimism to actually hunt!

PPS, it's also nice to have seventeen responses to the original post without one darn reference to rifle and chambering.

one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful animal and would be the trophy of a lifetime for me. Congratulations! beer

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of joedjr
posted Hide Post
What brand and caliber rifle.

Congrats

Posts: 310 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AKsheephunter
posted Hide Post
Nosler M48, Custom in .270 WSM. Scope is a 2.5x 8x36.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Nice ram.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote