THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    For You Artillery Buffs -- Canister Shot for Deer

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For You Artillery Buffs -- Canister Shot for Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
"And now for something reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally different."

Mountain Howitzer.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ - I read that one a while ago. Not sure what to make of it! It certainly puts a new spin on muzzle loaders. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect it's a fake - at least in part. The background of the photos (mountains) does not match the description of the location (Wisconsin). I'm quite sure it's illegal as hell. The fact that the guy goes on at length about how to disguise this as a legal shotgun kill is disgusting frankly.

Also, the bullet holes in the deer are awful uniformly positioned.

Could be wrong, but I'd guess that this is 90% BS. If it ain't, it oughta be.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This idiot should be reported to the proper authorities. He is admitting to breaking the game laws right?? Shouldn't wait till it hits the news and the antis sink their claws into it...

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for brightening my day Russ. The 10 steps to successful deer hunting with a 12 pound mountain howitzer had me in stitches.

Quote:

8. Now, "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA UNTIL THE SMOKE HAS CLEARED" ( it may take up to 30 minutes for the smoke to dissipate depending on the particular area and wind conditions )

ROTFLMAO

I want one!!!

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote