New
Find
Notify
Tools

wyoming antelope doe/kid tags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently moved to Illinois and am looking to head back west to enjoy some antelope hunting. If possible I would like to get a doe/kid tag for somewhere in an area from the Cheyenne west to Rawlings, north to Casper and south to the NE/WY border. Are doe/kid tags available over the counter? Any suggestions for units with ample public lands. It looks like the Rawlings and Casper BLM field office areas have quite a bit of public land with a lot of public land in the Rawlings area. I would also like to use the trip to scout for bucks if I have the opportunity to apply for a tag next year, so any areas with good bucks would be a bonus. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ttu, The leftover tags were suppose to be on line today, threw the WY. game and fish, check it out.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
They are fawns, not kids. Contrary to popular belief antelope are not related to goats. That said, you should be able to find plenty of doe/fawn tags which are cheap even for non residents, and many landowners out there would gladly see some of them killed!

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's Rawlins not Rawlings. Any of the areas around Rawlins should be good and there should be some doe/fawn tags availible. Lots of BLM to hunt there also.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ttu,

There are lots of good antelope areas in the general area you mentioned. I have taken my kids there several times, just shooting does onthe reduced price youth antelope doe licenses.
They love it! Relatively easy hunting, with very high success. Review the leftover list online, then just compare to the Wyoming Gazetteer showing public land. It is as easy as that.
Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys