New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka Rifle: what rings and bases ?
 Login/Join

<marcus>
posted
I have a new Tikka rifle and have been using Millet rings that attach to the dovetail in the receiver. These have not been great and have shifted on occassion. Any other suggestions ? I am using a leupold 3X9 by 40 scope and want to mount it as low as possible. Thanks in advance for your help.

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I use the tikka optilock rings, and have been delighted. A good source is: http://www.ultout.com/index.html. Low rings is what you will need for a 40 mm objective. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post
Tasco have fine al steel rings for Tikka. I have the same ones for my BRNO fox and they seem to be quite reliable.

Best regards,

Fritz

[This message has been edited by Fritz Kraut (edited 11-20-2001).]

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
<monyhunter>
posted
Weaver makes a set of bases for the Tikka. They are small two piece unit. Then you can use the Millet rings. This is a VERY sturdy set up. The base and rings have a small groove in them so the rings can not shift forward. The other nice thing about this set up is the bases only cost about $4 and the rings are $20. Not bad for a sturdy setup.

------------------
Monyhunter

<Rogue 6>
posted
I use the same rings as you on my Tikka ss/syn 300 win. There should be a little nipple on the rear ring that fits into a slot on the back end of the reciever. If the ring is started to the rear there can't be any movement to the scope. My Log shows over 600 rounds to this rifle most with very hot handloads, that scope is rock solid.

<Daryl Elder>
posted
The Milletts are garbage. Get Tikkas with the plastic insert. They're tough and reliable and won't harm your scope(they don't need lapping).

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got Hilver rings on 2 of my 3 Tikkas and Tikka rings on the other. All give complete satisfaction.

------------------
tikka 3 barrels

Posts: 360 | Location: Sunny, but increasingly oppressed by urbanites England | Registered: 13 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used both the Tikka bases and rings which are too high and also the Talleys bases and rings which are still too high (ie still air twixt barrel and objective) for a 42mm scope.

Both sets are rock solid on my 243, the Talleys just look prettier!

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote