Find
Notify
Tools

Moving to Utah - outfitter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dear all,

I looks like I might be moving from Europe to SLC to take on a new job.

Now, I am wondering, who could help me understand how and where to go hunting in 2016. I am very much pro fair chase / free range as well as physically and mentally challenging hunts.

Anyone any ideas whom I could talk to for advice?

Thanks alot,

M.

Posts: 49 | Location: Germany | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jay Simon at High Top Outfitters would be happy to talk you through the process.

Posts: 254 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the USA you can be your own outfitter and guide, and in Utah there is abundant public land with complete public access.

Go hunting - it's fair chase and up to you. A good hunter can be very successful and harvest a huge trophy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You will have about a year to look around and shop..I would suggest that you do it yourself on one of the many awesome draw hunts that have some huge B&C bucks roaming around..Get with the Utah Game Dept. they will cooperate with you and get you off on the right foot. For elk an outfitter is a good idea and they are abundant in Utah.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Pm sent.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote