New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women you know who hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The thread about the guys woman giving him an ultimatum got me thinking.
How many woman/ladies/girls do you personally know who hunt?
Well fo me personally there is my wife is #1, my daughter is only 9 and she goes plinking and spotting with me I'll call her a 1/2. I have a really good friend who I affectionatly refer to as Mom (she isn't). Ther is "Mom's" one daughter, and a good friend of "Mom's" who I found out I am a shirt tail relative too. A buddies daughter who I got into hunting just this last season (he passed away 2 years ago) and lastly a buddy I work and hunt withs daughter.
I'd say I know 6 1/2 woman that hunt.
How 'bout you?

Posts: 120 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know several women who hunt, but I'd call all of them 1/2 hunters. I mean by that they are not really in to hunting the way men are. My wife, daughter, several friends wives. They go out a couple of times a year, if its not to rainy or cold, if the moon is right and the stars in alignment.

I know there are die-hard women hunters, but they are few. I've chukar hunted for more than 30 years (anybody whose done it seriously knows that sheep hunting has nothing on chukars). In that time I've seen three gals, two of them were with me. Most gals just aren't interested the way guys are in hunting.

Posts: 341 | Location: Janesville,CA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the gals I listed and gave a full mark to are more hard core than a lot of guys I know who claim to the perverbial GWH.

Posts: 120 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know several women that hunt and enjoy it. I do not know anyone that is what I would call hard core living a breathing it.

My wife and daugther have each shot many a deer and each a bear. But they don't read hunting books, reloading books, rifle books, hunting mags. ect. They don't spend hrs looking at the lastest and greatest gear they think a Cabelas store is Ok and fun for little bit. Where I think it is just great and can spend hrs looking around.

I live and breath hunting and guns I don't know any women that do.

Posts: 19437 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
I have known several women hunters, hunters that enjoyed the hunt very much. It is also easily seen that most of the negative feedback they get comes from other women. That seems to be more important to most women, most men in the same situation have a different reaction.

All I can say is go gals. Hunting, that is.

Sacred cows make the best burgers.

Good Shooting!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know one here in Oregon that was originally from Southern Illinois, but she is the most hunting fool I have ever known.

If it is bigger than a prairie dog, she uses a 300 Weatherby Exclusively.

How many women do you know with a 460 Weatherby in their gun cabinet? ( or guys for that matter!)

I have never met a guy with the passion Kathy P, has for hunting. And it does not matter what it is.

cheers
seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that no one better stand between my wife and an antelope if there's a tag in her pocket..... JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually the women I know that hunt are more passionate about it than most of the men that hunt. I've big game hunted with 8, including my wife and daughter.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife is my most enjoyable hunting partner, but hunting with her is different from hunting with a guy. She doesn't read much about hunting, and has no interest in the arcana of the tools, as long as her rifle or shotgun feels good to her and kills cleanly. When it comes to the actual hunting, she'll outwalk just about anybody. If the hunting means sitting on a hillside in the blowing wind with chill factors that'd frost a door knob, she'll do that enthusiastically. When it comes to stalking, she wholeheartedly believes in getting close and does it well.

I don't believe she'd do well as a solo hunter because she doesn't have the bush skills to pull it off, but as a team? She's always ready to hunt under any conditions, anywhere, anytime.

All skill is in vain when a demon pisses on your gunpowder.

Posts: 262 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife, daughter, daughter-in-law X2, granddaughter #1, and just last weekend granddaughter #3 plus about 15 who have been to my opening day dove shoot on my farm for 20 years.

Love Those .41s'

Posts: 80 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
This is my number 1 hunting partner, my daughter. She is as hard-core as they get when it comes to hunting.

This big 3 point was the result of her ownn skills. She spent the time scouting to find the deer and when push came to shove she made a wonderfull 250+ yard shot to drop this big-bodied mulie.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends is the gilr I paid to train my lab, she hunts 2-3 times a week during duck season. Deer and Elk hunts when she draws a tag and needs no help in cleaning or cooking game. To bad she married someone else because she is also a beautiful and funny girl, you just have to get past the 6 labs and 5 horses she owns..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My #1 hunting partner is my wife who will go hunting whether or not I go along. Then our two daughtr who both love to fish and hunt. Our daughter in-law and lastly our granddaughter who got her first big game animals this year. Lawdog
thumb

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know quite a few including myself. Keep up the good work! ALOHA!!

Saved the best for last my true hunting passion is hunting hogs with dog and knife but that Zebra stallion is one i'll cherish forever. Take it easy.

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My wife has hunted all her life. A friends wife goes with him to Africa every other year and has shot more game over there than he has. They go to BC on the off years where she has taken Grizzly, Elk Moose and carbou. Many of the farm wives in our neck of the woods also hunt and fish. They for the most part are no into the gathering of gear and stuff.

Posts: 29 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
There are none better than my wife, who has just finished her chemotherapy, and then out to her stand. A difficult year, but the same old "honey, when you come home from work please drag up my buck." Music to my ears.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before the kids came along, for about 10 years, my wife was my main hunting partner. She piled up a bunch of deer, both mulies and whitetails, and shot a moose too.

Her hunting days are done now, she is wheelchair bound due to Muscular Dystrophy...but she told me the other day that she still misses our hunting trips...

Z

Posts: 502 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My mom still hunts with us and soon she will be turning 68 years old.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 16 yr old daughter has 4 elk, two mulies, and a bunch of little stuff to her credit. Any one know any single hunting women? Ultramag are you married?

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cobrad, No I am not married but do have a boyfriend at the moment.

Happy Hunting!!!!!!!

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I would speak directly on the subject, but the petty ENVY in my typing would show through.

Every year I volunteer to instruct at the BOW Workshop (Becoming an Outdoor Woman) and there are many females out there that may enjoy the outdoors if given the chance.

Several years ago a young man that worked for me started his new wife off on backpacking with a trip of 4 miles to the campsite leaving the trailhead at dark. Since he was used to hiking with a coworker he just took off at his pace and assumed she would follow and catch up down the trail.

NOT the the best way to form marriage bond or introduce someone to the outdoors.

One friend lamented that he kinda wished sometimes that his spouse did not share hunting and fishing with him. I quickly explained that he just did not know how much better it could be sharing!

LouisB

For complete BOW information go to:

http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/bow/

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4243 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife's hardcore,but just about deer.And fishing.She grew up to it. All was well for 10 years,until the kids started coming.Now I keep an eye on them while she hits the woods.She calls me at work to come home early.I'm not out of the truck,before she's heading out across the back field.Not the reason I USED to come home early! Like an earlier poster said,she's not the least bit interested in the latest,greatest gadgets.Been using the same gun/load for the last dozen+ years.$5 set of British surplus camo.And her Daddy's hunting knife.Of course,if they need dragging....Our kids seem to following along.Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
My wife has shot 5 bears,a good group[ of deer both mulies and whitetails a moose and a lot of small game.She dresses the big game herself and will help me clean a bunch o ducks and geese if needed.She has caught a bigger walleye than I have [ 11lbs.] but she does not reload or spend the time I do getting every thing together for trips..P

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
My wife Lori is new to hunting and loves it! She is deadly with her 7x57, but is not much on trip prep. etc...

BOWHUNR

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife goes with me on occasion, she is a trooper. Does not mind all the walking, and can sit for hours and not make a sound. God bless her little heart.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found that women that shoot--whether small or large bodied seem to detest recoil--even heavy recoil less than us guys do.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
24 inch Southern Impala 280 yard shot, .375H&H

What recoil????

~Ann

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann--What recoil?---That damned recoil I detest. The same that has me installing Pachmayr decellerators even on .243's. The same that makes me dislike shooting 30-06's and certainly don't go bigger. The same stuff that tells me the .300 mags were a terrible idea. That recoil.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Heh heh, why do you think Decelerator pads were invented???!! Cool

My point was a well thought out set up on a rifle should produce minimal recoil and should not be an issue for anyone.

ALL but my .22 have a Decelerator!

~Ann

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sodakhntr
posted Hide Post
Interesting hunting lady.

http://www.huntingal.com/

Ted

Posts: 152 | Location: China Spring, Texas | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I introduced my girlf friend to shotgunning and she bird hunts with me. FIrst day out she got a nice mallard in two shots, while I the "experienced hunter" shot four times and missed...

She had a French roommate in college who hunted. Nice girl and real good sporting clays shot. And that's about all the hunting women I know...

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote