Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some Movie Trivia ?
 Login/Join

posted
No one I've met has been able to name all the actors who portrayed the "Magnificent Seven", other than myself, of course. [Wink] No cheating now, no trivia books or Internet Searches. You're on your honor! Give 7 guesses, no peacemeal stuff to feed the others. O.K.? There is always the one guy that even the trivia buffs can't bring to mind.

BTW - I'm real good at 50's & 60's TV and Movie trivia but have never read a book to bone up on it, as so many do. Strictly recall, now. You either recall it or you don't. AR members are straight shooters .... right? [Smile]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Don't know if I can name all seven (or even two) but here goes a try! Yul Brenner, Lee Marvin, Earnest Borgnine, Woody Strode, Charles Bronson,
Jack Palance and Honk the Magic Goose. [Smile]

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30ott6:
Don't know if I can name all seven (or even two) but here goes a try! Yul Brenner, Lee Marvin, Earnest Borgnine, Woody Strode, Charles Bronson,
Jack Palance and Honk the Magic Goose. [Smile]

[Big Grin] You're getting a mix of "The Professionals" in there 30ott6. Good try!

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Add Trinie Lopez, Donald Sutherland, Clint Walker and Kojak and I could almost have the Diry Dozen!

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
The real points should go to the person who can name the seven Japanese actors in "The Seven Samurai," the Kurosawa film that "Magnificent Seven" is a copy of. Now, THERE'S a great movie.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
DR. Kenji Surazowa killed Godzilla. Who knew that?

[ 09-30-2003, 03:03: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can name five: Bronson, Coburn, McQueen, Brynner, and the guy who's now peddling personal attorney services here in Boston on the idiot box...Robert Wagner, or was it Vaughn? Sad.

On the 7 Samurai: Akira Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune are the only boys anyone really need be concerned with. Toshiro was my man! [Smile] Love those oldies.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes, Robert Vaughn, the one who thought he had lost his nerve. He became famous as "The Man From Uncle". 5 is really good!

Mifune was a great actor and a great man.
My favorites are "Red Sun" and the one he made with Lee Marvin as lone combatants on a Pacific island, during the war.

"Hell in the Pacific", it was, around 1970.

[ 09-30-2003, 04:11: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
"Sanjuro" one of the greatest movies of all time by Kurosawa and starring Mifune. I used to watch it every few months but unfortunately someone stole in from a box in my car.

"The Seven Samurai" really beats the pants off "The Magnificnet Seven" although really it also is a great film.

Nickudu, now here is a challenge for you - name the seven actors of the "The Seven Samurai" ?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
NitroX,

I liked Sanjuro, but that was the second movie, Yojimbo was the first one and it is one of the true bad-ass samurai classics! And was also the movie that "Fistfull of Dollars" was copied from.

Best line (after whipping some serious bad guy ass) - "Carpenter, 3 coffins." <pause while this guy is screaming in the background> "Maybe four."

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Okay, here goes:

Yul Brynner; Charles Bronson; James Coburn; Robert Vaughan; Steve McQueen; Horst Buchholtz; and that young Mexican kid who nobody has ever heard of including me.

Not Miguel Nelson.

Best I can do.

[ 09-30-2003, 09:00: Message edited by: mrlexma ]

Posts: 13478 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
NitroX,
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven!! [Big Grin]

mrlexma,
Horst has always been the second toughest to get.
Six is excellent!! You're on the wrong track with the "young mexican", however. (not Manual Pavilla)

[ 09-30-2003, 14:13: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Whats the "Magnificent Seven"?

HAHAHAHA just kidding you pack of old bastards [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Bakes

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I deeply resemble that remark!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nick,

The only reason I remembered Horst is because he died not too long ago and that role was featured as one of his accomplishments in his obituary.

The young Mexican kid (I mean, he played a Mexican kid) is beyond me.

Bakes, watch who you're calling an old bastard. I'm a middle aged bastard.

[ 10-01-2003, 06:02: Message edited by: mrlexma ]

Posts: 13478 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who cares about anyone else but Yul Brynner? That bald head is one of the sexiest things I've seen - and that includes Kojak when I was 13! Ooooooh! Don't get bogged down in trivia when the important things are right there. Unfortunately I can actually name them all but you guys are having so much fun!

Fun & games,

Shannon

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
GoToGirl - Sorry our tidbit of trivia is of no interest. I feel likewise, as to your sexual preferences but thanks for sharing.

Well people, Brad Dexter is the big fellow in the fancy clothes that is most often overlooked.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Talking about baldness that's a threat to my wife. When she teases me about loosing any hair, I say, if I loose too much, I'm going to shave off the lot and itstead grow a really long bushy beard [Razz] . And I she knows I mean it.

Hell then I'll look like Bakes, but no beard! [Big Grin]

(hell that was below the belt [Roll Eyes] )

Then there was Kurosawa's copies of MacBeth - "Throne of Blood" and King Lear - "RAN" which was in colour. And then there is "Kagemusha" but no idea about that one as I have had it on DVD for a while but not watched in as my player is broken.

Almost hired "The Magnificent Seven" today. Should have. Will do so tommorrow.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
John,

Facial hair is VERY aging. Don't do it.

Posts: 19239 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give it a shot. Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen,
Horst Buchholz, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter, and James Coburn. Got them right off the VHS box. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hell then I'll look like Bakes,
John, You could never look that good mate [Razz]

Bakes

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote