THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Question about shot placement on elk in Burris ad.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Question about shot placement on elk in Burris ad.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I hardly ever see advertisements where a reticle is places where "I" would place the shot. Not haveing seen the picture you are talking about I can't comment on the specific example, but I think a lot of it has to do with "art departments" that put the ads together. Most of the time the reticle is centered in the animals' midsection, dead center, which would result in a gut shot or, from some angles, in a marginal lung shot.

Then again, I prefer to break a shoulder rather than puncture the lungs.

The comment about wanting to shoot elk through the lungs interests me. I hear they are tough animals, why would one want to perforate the lungs giving the animals full mobility to make a dead run, when you could break a shoulder and anchor the animal? In my experience this leads to death by bleeding or drop in blood pressure before the animal has time to get back up on its' feet.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your right I don't think the adverisment dept is to worried about shot placement. They are more worried about a good picture then shot placement. Remember the aid is not about where to hit a elk but showing how to use the the balistic plex for hold over.

Posts: 19366 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote