Find
Notify
Tools

Another Hunter Among Us, Trilogy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I too am "spinning off" of Taylorce and Graybirds post because these are all tied together.
My 9 year old got his first Deer on this trip too. I couldn't be more proud of him for keeping his cool and making 2 excellent shots on this Buck!
First shot was at 100 yards and was double lung, the Buck made a semi circle and I told him to hit him again and he did at 85 yards finishing his Buck.
All the kids had a great time even though it was stretching the patience of 9 year olds to get up at 4:45 am sit still in ground blinds, squirrel hunt at mid day then back to the blinds for evening hunts.
Hope you like the pictures.
Thanks to my friends Taylorce and Graybird for making this happen, raising great kids and being there through the last several years mentoring each others kids on the range and on our outings. I hope to share this with my son and their kids for many years to come.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures and that is a great little man you have there. There is a lot of energy in those kids, I can only imagine the conversations our kids had and the patience you needed to get across Kansas yesterday with them in the back seat. Thanks again for getting my family home!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Great pics Snell!

I've been following these youngsters hunt all week and have to say these are times you will never forget

All of these youngsters Case, Hanna and Cody have all left me with great memories and I am proud to know them and hope and look forward to seeing them grow up and add more great stories to my memory

Cheers to you all

Snell....you are living the dream

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I think the smile says it all!!!

I can't imagine they want to go back next year.

I can't wait for the day when the kids dress and load our deer because we're too old!!!

Congrats again!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

The common demoninator seems to be Graybird. Good job sir.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like so much fun
I'm gonna go "rent" a kid tu2

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another awesome group of photos! Congratulations!

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
Looks like so much fun
I'm gonna go "rent" a kid tu2

Get ya one, and we'll go shoot some whitetails in Oklahoma! tu2

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Congrat's to all, just wish Uncle Buck could have made the trip.
Rick

Posts: 19 | Location: Peyton, co | Registered: 04 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all involved. It's great you guys get together with the kids. It's this kind of camp that will keep the tradition alive.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RWSnellstrom:
Congrat's to all, just wish Uncle Buck could have made the trip.
Rick

Wished you could have been there as well buddy. My daughter likes it when Uncle Rick is around.

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Congratulations !!!

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the youngster!! Nothing better than seeing kids in the woods...

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Always enjoy reports of young hunters in the field! A hearty and hale "well done" to the new hunter!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote