New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunts for under 3K?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What hunts would you recommend, that could be done for $3000.00 or less.

Antelope in Wyoming comes to mind and black bear in Idaho, but I'm sure there is others.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Depends on what and how you want. I'll list a few that I've done.

1) Antelope ANYWHERE - I have archery hunted goats in WY and CO, as well as rifle hunted them in SD and WY. Even in NM, you can hunt big goats for $2500-$3000. To me, this is the most economical hunt for a chance at a record book animal.

2) Whitetail deer and wild boar - Hunted them in SC for $1500. Limit was all the pigs I wanted and 3 doe/1 buck. Of course, the deer are small compared to midwest/canada, but was still a good time.

3) Elk - Public land elk hunt in WY. DIY hunt, back packed in, camped, etc.. Fun!! License was ~$500

4) Black bear in MT - Again DIY hunted up by Glacier in NW corner of the state. Only problem was saw more griz than black bear.

5) Moose/Caribou/bear drop camp in Alaska - Buy the 2 most most expensive tags, the more expensive can be placed on the cheaper animal. Lets you hunt 3 species with only 2 tags! Again, you might have to cook your own food, but it's fun.

6) 10 days Pheasant hunting in SD - Lots of birds, season doesn't open until noon so you can stay up late and sleep in!! If you have good dogs, it is even more exciting watching them work.

I better stop now, as I am starting to think about doing these again instead of hunting new stuff!

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mark6.5x55
There might be a slot left on my Idaho bear hunt if you are interested. It depends on how many people are comming with mighty joe.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I have bears and more...

Idaho, Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness for spring hunts, private ranches for fall hunts, $2000. Our spring unit is a two bear area. The fall ranch hunts are spot and stalk in fruit orchards.

Also, very underhunted New Brunswick. My fall (October) hunts there are $1300 per hunter. No color bears but the chance at nice P&Y/B&C due to light pressure. No resident competition. You can also fish while there, the Atlantic salmon are great and the area is populated by the most friendly people in the world. The Maritime forests are incredibly beautiful.

Antelope in the US west but these are generally pretty short duration hunts and usually a draw tag. I am trying again this year, under $2 K with my outfitter.

Management deer in Texas are around $2600. These average 140 class 8 pointers. Varmints, a hog or two and a doe usually included.

That's off the top of my head at the end of a long and tiring week.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Try Montano Outfitting & Guide Services in NM.
505-344-7627

Good operation, good guide and outfitter. Can recommend Leonard Montano without hesitation. He lists 5 day auodad hunt for $2,200, 2 day antelope for $1,500, 3 day desert mule deer $2,000. 5 day elk for $2,500. 5 day bear and mountain lion for $2,500 each. His hunting areas are usually private ranches between Ruidoso and Roswell.

No listed prices for aliens. Wink

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 622 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or... How about a Niihau pig hunt?

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not really looking for anything right now, I'm just thinking out loud. It's a question I've not seen asked and I'm always looking for an afordable hunt, I'm sure others are too.

Geoff, thanks. Are the auodad hunts free range? Have you used this service?

N E 450, Thanks for the offer but it looks like my on again, off again black bear hunt in Alaska is back on again Cool

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I charge 2650.00 for Manitoba Whitetail Deer hunt. This includes the license and taxes. You have to get yourself here and we'll take care of the rest.

Posts: 98 | Location: Riding Mountain, Manitoba,Canada | Registered: 11 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geoff, thanks. Are the auodad hunts free range? Have you used this service

MArk, I was with Geoff when he bought the hunt. It was free range. Why dont you pm him for details. I am serious about the Niihau pig cull hunt. Last year I whacked 150 pigs in 3 days with Geoff. Ask him about that as well. Great Fun!

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1)
Bird hunting in Egypt (just got back again from two days in the Oasis). Smiler

2)
Sitka Blacktail deer in Alaska

3)
Caribou drop camps

etc.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote