THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    anyone ever hunt a vancouver bull in hawaii?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone ever hunt a vancouver bull in hawaii?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I read an article about a vancouver bull hunt in hawaii and it looked like a lot of fun. I guess they are an introduced species so they are cheap to hunt. Any info if their are still wild bulls to hunt and general info on them.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Look up Pat Fisher of Hawaii Safaris. I've hunted with Pat a couple of times now.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
their website does not offer vancouver bulls. Maybe most have been hunted off the island.

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Found this link on Google.

http://hunt.parkerranch.com/Hunts

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was interested in the same animal. I spoke with Fisher last year. He told me that the population was reduced because of the drought and that he was slowly recovering.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steel:
their website does not offer vancouver bulls. Maybe most have been hunted off the island.

Sorry about! Pat and his group used to hunt them. But, as Mario stated, I remember a conversation with Kevin last year while hunting black Hawaiian rams about the bulls. He also mentioned that there was a big drought on the island and the cattle numbers were down.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
however if you get any good news please let me know because I'm still interested

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I see that Wade has a Vancouver hunt listed on his website. You might consider contacting him. I've done a few hunts now with Wade and he'll take good care of you.

Hawaii hunt

Graybird

one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks. I will try.

mario

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never gone on on one but Pat Fisher has a really good reputation.

I'll also add if you are a "do it yourselfer" that every couple of years the state has feral cattle cull hunts. If you watch the website http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dofaw

Before all else, be armed.

Machiavelli

Posts: 364 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very interesting

mario

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mario, I sent you a response to your email. Yes, I can help you. Enjoy!

Posts: 633 | Location: California | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote