Find
Notify
Tools

Bad Accessory Ideas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted
I rarely watch hunting shows but I saw one today where the two fools each had this shit clamped to the trigger guard.

The E-Z Pull Trigger Assist

Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell Skinner, I think that's the poor man's dounle trigger---pair that up with a 'gun bun' and you should be set to shoot good!
Wink

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, right after you have used your "cough silencer"! Roll Eyes

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the ****? I will always be amazed at the junk people will try to come up with to substitute for just going to the range and PRACTICING!

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah, it reminds me of the friend of mine who has a magna-ported .243, and wonders if he should get a lead sled to help get better groups, ( he shoots 5-6 rounds per year), I told him that he'd be better off spending the money on more ammo, and practice with it.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:
yeah, it reminds me of the friend of mine who has a magna-ported .243, and wonders if he should get a lead sled to help get better groups,.

I didn't know that jellyfish and other invertebrates could learn to fire rifles...Wink

A ported .243? Hmmm. Better get that ole boy to trade down to a slingshot (and helmet, lest he hurt himself with the recoil!).

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, he's just one of those guys who doesn't want to practice shooting, yet can't figure out why he can't shoot a decent group anymore. His bench rest technique is all over the place, and he won't even consider practicing from field positions. It seems like he's losing his balls as he gets older, which is why I usually make excuses when he wants to go hunting with me. Maybe he should stick to that Jackie Bushman video game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually I can see a point to magna porting a 243Win...

But NOT as a deer rifle... it may just make the difference
in maintaining your sight picture when peering through a high magnification scope at tyhat distant groundhog's head so you don't miss seeing the splatter.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Allan - great idea. Been wondering how to maintain my sight picture. Gonna take the old Pre64mod70Varmit down and get it ported tomorrow. Now - here's my question. I bought one them thar lead sleds. Can't figure out how leading my rifle around on a sled is gonne hep my groups. What kind of lead rope to you guys use? Confused

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:
Hey Allan - great idea. Been wondering how to maintain my sight picture. Gonna take the old Pre64mod70Varmit down and get it ported tomorrow. Now - here's my question. I bought one them thar lead sleds. Can't figure out how leading my rifle around on a sled is gonne hep my groups. What kind of lead rope to you guys use? Confused

The best thing to do is get a stick and push it!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarchasm aside I like seeing the splatter.

As for maintaining the sight picture, if you claim to be able to maintain the sight picture with anything that recoils more than a 223Rem or 22-250 you sir are shooting a much heavier rifle than I am.

out at 400-500yds you can RECOVER your sight picture before the bullet arrives, but at 300-ish it simply isn't possible.

that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is just my opinion but the add for this thing says it "supprises" you with the trigger being tripped so that you don't flinch with anticipation.
Personally I want to know exactly when the trigger is tripped, how much pressure I need to apply etc.
Anyones thoughts?

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree 100% Ryan. It almost sounds dangerous. I prefer to shoot enough, that I am at least that familiar with triggers, with which ever rifle. Gimmicks have made millionares, but some are borderline silly!

What did P.T. Barnum used to say? bewildered Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Campbell:

...Personally I want to know exactly when the trigger is tripped, how much pressure I need to apply etc.
Anyones thoughts?

Ryan, I also agree with you 100%. It used to be a big addage in tournament archery that you wanted to be surprised when the releaase went off, or the string cut loose from your fingers if you shot limited, like I mostly did. I never bought it. Knowing as opposed to not knowing worked for me, I won 3 Nationals and one World title, so you can shoot well when you DO know when you're gonna cut an arrow loose, and I think the dynamic applies to rifle shooting as well.

Having said that, it could be a bit of semantics at play here. I suppose if you get it down to the absolute most minute measurement, you don't know the exact millisecond (or smaller measurement) of when the sear will break, or a string will leave your fingers, or whatever. I happen to think that you can and should know to whatever reasonable amount in your mind you can discern, when the shot is going to break. I will say that having some consistency to this, and good technique, has allowed me to make some darn good shots.

I told a buddy who subscribed to the 'surprise me' theory of the shot breaking, I didn't want him walking behind me anymore when we went hunting, since he didn't know when his weapon was going to discharge...he said he had never thought about it that way, and he started thinking the other way, and he got to be a better shot...hmmm......

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote