Find
Notify
Tools

Premier reticles
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
Are they out of business? Any other options out there for custom dot reticles?

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I know they are not out of business. I do hear that they will not work on Leupold products though.

Yeah there are a couple of other options. TK Lee is one of the first ways I would look. I understand they are doing the same type of thing.

Also if you are using a Leupold product they ahve a couple of ways to help you with putting in range dots as well.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, what part of Ark are you from. I was raised at Nashville and now live just outside of Texarkana.
Have you been seeing my posts about the Mountain Lion?

Posts: 43 | Location: redwater, tes | Registered: 08 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
If they no longer work on Leupolds then what are they in business to do. My understanding is that in the past they would only work on Leupold scopes. I noticed that the founder died, and Leupold offers a custom reticle from the factory...these two things together make me wonder if they are closing shop.

Cynrays...I live in NW Arkansas and yes I have seen your thread. Go kill that cat!

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe that premier has been tied up in govt. contracts so deeply that they can't work on anything else. Try t.k. lee

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Butchloc,
I got a response from the folks at premier confirming your post. I guess they are building a lot of SB scopes for the USMC. The part about TK lee that bothers me is their lack of warranty. Priemier work did not void Leupolds warranty. Looking at TK's web page, they all but tell you if the scope needs any repair work...they will not do it!

One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
Are they out of business? Any other options out there for
custom dot reticles?

Check out Leupold's custom shop, they may be able to install the reticle that you want in your Leupold scope.http://www.leupold.com/resources/custom_shop/custom_shop.htm

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently read an Article in a gun rag(not sure which one) They stated that the Marines had Choosen S&B scopes to replace the Uretels they where using and Premier was installing custom Mil Dot Reticles.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I dont think Leupold will do custom dots. My understanding is they adjust their B&C reticle to your supplied ballistics. Not a bad option but you are limited to 500 yard lines.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just wait a bit. When the USMC contract is finished they will go back to working on Leupolds.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
I dont think Leupold will do custom dots. My understanding is they adjust their B&C reticle to your supplied ballistics. Not a bad option but you are limited to 500 yard lines.

Roscoe, look at their web site. From the quote below, I believe that they are stating that they do make custom reticles with dots placed as you wish. The illustration associated with this quote also seems to show such a reticle.

"Custom Ballistically-Matched Reticles
At the Leupold Custom Shop, we
put 50 plus years of scopesmithing experience to work, building a personalized, digitally mastered reticle from our custom reticle library, for the
long distance shooter. Using state-of-the-art manufacturing technology the scope and reticle are perfectly tuned to your rifle’s ballistic performance. The result is a custom, long distance shooting system with astonishing accuracy. You simply provide us with the ballistic coefficient and velocity, or alternately, the specific factory load you are using, and the Custom Shop will do the rest."

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I will give them a call...thanks

R

one of us
posted Hide Post
They had a booth a the SHOT show last week.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several LEU scopes w/ Premier Reticle's installed reticles. They are excellent.

I contacted them to install a reticle shortly after the owners death. I was told then that they were not taking on any new work at that time because they had fallen numerous months behind. They may have stated 8 or 9 months, I'm unsure.

I had the impression then that they were still going strong as always but just needed to catch up.

Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will tell you what happend. Premier and Leupold was in partnership together for almost 50 years. Premier helped Leupold get where they are today, and when the owner of Premier died, Leupold backstabed them, and cut of all their supply of parts for building custom scopes.

Premier is one of the best optics companies in the US, shown, why they got the deal with the USMC and Schmidt & Bender. Schmidt & Bender knows Premier is a very god company.

Premier helped Leupold secure the deal with the US Army (10x) scopes, helped them win the Benchrest crowd, provided valuable optics help, and where in return backstabed by Leupold.

You might remember the TMR reticle Leupold is making, wich they got by stepping over Premiers patented Mil-dot II, with help from the goverment, because they did not want to pay premier for their royalties with the reticle.

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ill add this link: http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_t...;f=2;t=001409#000002

Read what catshoter has to say.. he knows whats going on!

Should add, I would not buy a product from a company that screws those(sp) who got you there in the first place!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'll be selling and saving up for some S&B scopes.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wholly shit what a pissing contest. You notice in the snipershide thread, nobody argued with "factual content" to disprove anything that cat guy had to say. Guess I dont have to worry about it since I do not own any Leupolds. But, if I were to purchase another scope, I would save up for a S&B or a US optics. Hell, the Super Sniper takes a beatin from my 375 and keeps on tickin, I might just buy another of those. Big Grin

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
And I was just about to buy a Leupold too.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote