THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Survey :Favorite Wild Game To Eat.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Survey :Favorite Wild Game To Eat.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Properly cared for and properly prepared I would rank them as equal.
My favorite game meats are Wild Pigs, and Elephant.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pig, quail, white tail

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hands down elk , followed closely by moose.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never eaten caribou, but I would list the other 4 as:

#1 Elk
#2 Whitetail Deer (around here they eat corn, alfalfa, soy beans, and acorns)
#3 Moose
#4 Mule Deer

As far as recipes are concerned, season to taste (pepper and garlic) and throw it on the grill (medium rare)

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
corn fed mallards.

blue

one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Only 2 on that list I have had is elk & mule deer. I would rank elk #1 and mule deer #2. If you were to throw in antelope, a few cottontails, and a mess of walleye I would be plumb satisfied. I could live on that.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moose
Elk
Caribou

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#1) Elk

#2) Moose

#3) Whitetailed deer

#4) Mule deer

#5) Caribou

All are excellent, but elk and moose are a close tie for first place and I love deer, whitetailed or Mule deer. I like Oklahoma whitetailed deer the best. Caribou is at the bottom of the list, but I keep my freezer full of caribou meat to ward off the times between moose-elk-deer gathering.

Of the others mentioned, I would have to add antelope, mallards, pintails, gadwalls, and widgons; geese (all of them); quail; doves; pidgons; pheasants; peacocks; rabbits. I have not shot a tundra swan yet, but when I do I will let you know what it tastes like. I have not shot a sandhill crane either, but when I do I will post the results of its roasting.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say: elk tied with buffalo
moose
caribou
mule deer
whitetail deer
antelope
and a few others. For the African fare I've eaten I like; blu wildebeeste, impala, eland, kudu, and springbok.

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dall Sheep
Elk
Moose
Sitka Blacktail Deer
Whitetail Deer
Caribou
Mountain Goat

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Whichever is on my grill and then my plate at the time, but if I were forced to choose:

#1.0000000000 - Elk and Eland
#1.0000000001 - Moose(I've only had it once, but it was excellent)
#1.0000000002 - Caribou (see Moose)
#1.0000000003 - Whitetail deer
#1.0000000004 - Columbia Blacktail Deer
#1.0000000005 - Mule deer
#1.0000000006 - Antelope

I would rather eat any of them than beef.

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moose
Elk
Caribou
Whitail
Grouse

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote