Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elk/ mulie combo recommendation
 Login/Join

posted
looking for a recommendation on a solid outfitter for elk/mulie combo out west. Looking for a reasonable chance at a 320+ bull...thx

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Best 2 in Wyoming.

http://www.coysyellowcreek.net/

http://www.wyominghunts.com/

Late season elk if you can draw a tag. I'd put that down as my first choice. Only 7% chance at a tag though.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are Wyoming outfitters who frequent this forum. Steve Lefforge and WV2WY are both Wyoming outfitters. Not to mention all the booking agents who post on here, Mark Young, Wendell Reich, Ann. There are several more. bewildered

Your deadline for applications is Tuesday.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I would take a pass on Idaho until the wolf population is under control.

Unless you want to shoot a pen raised bull elk in a high fence enclosure in a guaranteed hunt for a lot of bling.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddy and I had a great hunt in Wyoming last October with Craig Oceanak, owner of Timberline outfitters.

Posts: 41 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drakekirk:
looking for a recommendation on a solid outfitter for elk/mulie combo out west. Looking for a reasonable chance at a 320+ bull...thx

The only place anyone could guarantee a chance at a 320 plus Bull would be high fenced.There are some damn good outfitters here.Check out their Hunt forum.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RollyShooterCPC:
My buddy and I had a great hunt in Wyoming last October with Craig Oceanak, owner of Timberline outfitters.

Craig is a GREAT guy! He and I were both drug reps in the same territory here in northern CO and southern WY. It was weird to meet another rep that was also an outfitter

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, unless it's under high fence, no guarantee should be made that an animal of any size will be taken on any particular hunt. However, there are lots of units throughout Wyoming that are under the General Tag where you could take a 320" bull with work and a little luck. It only takes 1 PP right now to draw that tag, but the application period is closed for this year and there will only be LQ tags that go on sale OTC in early July until quotas for each unit are met. I would hunt with John Porter in a heartbeat, but I'm not familiar with the other gentleman.

posted Hide Post
Check out Donny Carr, Golden Eagle Outfitters in CO.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote